The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so... my 2nd acquisition came in the mail today. i've always wanted the world timer 6117 or 6217.

this particular model is the 6117 6409 with the incorrect city bezel.

2 questions.

1. can you move the red 24 hr hand? i aligned tokyo to the red hand, and it seems that it's off by an hour. could be DST but not sure.

2. does anyone know the crystal nos number? I "think" it's this one, and would like to confirm before I place my order. 350T02ANS0

Watch seems to be running really fast right now. Been sitting in some storage for a long time so looks like it's off to the watchmaker tomorrow. :D

·
Special Member
7,264 Posts
The red hour hand is always in sync with the regular hour hand, it simply shows whether it is AM or PM. If the hour hand is on 5, then the red one is either on 5 or 17 on the outer 24 hour scale.

You spin the time zone wheel with the crown pushed in. You align the time zone you are with the red hand, then read the hour in the other city on the rotating world time bezel.

Make sense?

·
Registered
6,716 Posts
Well i am working on a 6117 6400 myself...last i checked Stefan the inner bezel in stock...
and that part number for the crystal i do believe is correct...Ask Stefan as he has them as well... God Bless John...hey lets see some pics of that too...

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha thanks guys...I finally figured out how to use the world time function. Something I did notice was when I moved the hands all to 12am, my red hand didn't align. Is that normal?

And the crystal I think I found the one!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it's running really fast it may be that the hairspring is dirty or it's ...things your watchmaker can take care of...

See if this user guide opens up for you...

View attachment 161194
hmm, that pdf explanation is a little confusing. it's telling me to rotate the inner bezel so that the hour hand lines up with the current city i am in, as opposed to lining up the current city to the red hand. maybe there's two ways to use this?

·
Registered
912 Posts
hmm, that pdf explanation is a little confusing. it's telling me to rotate the inner bezel so that the hour hand lines up with the current city i am in, as opposed to lining up the current city to the red hand. maybe there's two ways to use this?
I don't think that .pdf is right for you Noah....I'll search for the explanation....I can never remeber myself how they work.

If you set the time to 12 then yes the slave hand should also point to 12 (or 6!)

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think that .pdf is right for you Noah....I'll search for the explanation....I can never remeber myself how they work.

If you set the time to 12 then yes the slave hand should also point to 12 (or 6!)
tom! I sent you an email!!! I need your skills. :p

·
Special Member
7,264 Posts
Haha thanks guys...I finally figured out how to use the world time function. Something I did notice was when I moved the hands all to 12am, my red hand didn't align. Is that normal?

And the crystal I think I found the one!
No, at midnight they should all line up. My first 6117 had the same issue, good folks here at SCWF straightened me out, I reset the hands.

After flipping the first, missed it, bought a second, same issue but much less pronounced, so reset those hands too. This one's a keeper.

Then got a gold colored one, still missing the outer bezel/crystal hold down ring, but it's hands at midnight are perfectly aligned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts