The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the 20 capacity wood watch boxes I use for storage but it irritates me that the slots where the watch and pillow sit are quite long especially when the watch is on a bracelet.

I have been folding kitchen towel up and packing it out a little but a bodge so after giving it a little thought I picked up some 15mm wood, cut it to length and found it a ideal platform for recording model and serial number.

Like I say over the top a little but it makes me "happy" and thats the main thing, i'm gradually working through my boxes but its surprising how long the process takes.
Red dots show they have been serviced, empty slot is one away being serviced and the bottom layer all need servicing.

·
Registered
79 Posts
:LOL::LOL::LOL: So did I!!!
Has it ever crossed your mind that one of the reasons that I can't get a pogue without a second mortgage, is because people like you have so many? :cautious:;)

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Love this John. In a similar vein, I just finally got around to completing a spreadsheet with all of the watches I own: model, serial numbers, price paid, serviced or not (plus date and service cost), etc. It was deeply satisfying, but also a little alarming :oops:.

·
Registered
4,927 Posts
Nice job, I like it, even without the labels, it makes it more functional, and if it enhances your retention- all the better! 😂

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Hi John - congratulations on "coming out". Now that you have taken that first brave step, let me keep you company:

I started doing this a while back: Print out a couple lines of info onto card stock, laminate both sides with clear packing tape, trim to size.

And you're right, makes you feel good. A little OCD in these trying times isn't a bad thing.

Maybe I'll open up about my "spreadsheet" one day :cool:
IMG_6269.jpeg
IMG_6270.jpeg

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
i'm the anti-anal watch guy. i don't have a spreadsheet, i didn't save my epay purchase sheets ( i used to, but i'd have way to many sheets of paper) or have service indicator dots. i just throw them in a box...old and new mixed together. all of my parts are not organized like most of you guys i bet. i just enjoy wearing the things and meeting some cool people along the way. here's an example of a box. sorry for the bad pic...

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
233 Posts
Anal spread sheet sounds...well, I'm not going to Google that one.

Reactions: bloody watches

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Reactions: bloody watches

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
I'll admit that one of the motivations for a spreadsheet was that if a watch (or heaven forbid, watches) ever gets stolen, I'll at least have the serial number and rough value for a police report, or as a reference while I obsessively scan ebay, local pawn shops, and the forums for it. The likelihood of needing that is low, but what the heck...I've got a lot of time these days :(

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
i'm the anti-anal watch guy. i don't have a spreadsheet, i didn't save my epay purchase sheets ( i used to, but i'd have way to many sheets of paper) or have service indicator dots. i just throw them in a box...old and new mixed together. all of my parts are not organized like most of you guys i bet. i just enjoy wearing the things and meeting some cool people along the way. here's an example of a box. sorry for the bad pic...

That’s quite the box Larry!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
I don't have a watch display box. Mine are stored in a wooden box lined with felt. As you can see, I don't like metal watch bands. The divers did not make it into the picture. View attachment 453485
Wow. nice looking watches. Impressed. (y)

·
Registered
1,376 Posts

Damn Larry. Nice collection. Some of those look familiar to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 15 of 15 Posts