The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this lovely 6309-7040 a week or so ago from the TF. It's a 1980 example in cracking condition as you'd expect from a forum stalwart like Shawn.

The only thing that niggled me was the discoloured seconds hand, however I had the answer

I love having a stock of NOS parts, but perversely I hate using them!

The movement was popped out and the hand removed

This bit really hurt :)

And on it went

It has a super clean movement that has lost or gained precisely nothing in the last 48 hours

Ah, that's better!

Does anyone else have this irrational dread of actually using their NOS parts? :)

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Very nice outcome, Duncan. I heard that if you rip the NOS seal quickly, it is less painful! :-D

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Very nice Duncan. A true beauty. I had a set of nos hands in my drawer for a long time and never dared to use them until I found a 6306 Scubapro which needed a few parts...

·
Registered
679 Posts
That looks to be in lovely condition.
By coincidence I picked up my first 6309-7040 today. My one dates from 1977, but looks to have been worn as a daily watch for many years, and whilst it's all original, it's not in such nice condition as yours!
They're really comfy to wear as well!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Here's mine, and I love it all, even where the lume has dropped out, after I dropped the watch. Came with Acrylic glass as well, I'm confused to. Stripped it down to remove the offending piece of jetsom.

Feeling like I've missed out slightly on spares though.
Regards, David

1 - 15 of 15 Posts