The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
29,534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
6139-6002 from December 1971 so nearly 49 years old, I wish I had looked that good at 49 :)

I picked this up on ebay on April fools day but now I have seen it then I am no fool, in this instance at least :) it was a popular auction as it had 45 bids, it wasent cheap as such but I still picked it up for a fair amount less than my top bid.

The seller would ship world wide but I decided with this one I would take advantage of a friendly member (thanks Ray) so it was shipped direct to Ray who checked it out for me, his enthusiastic comments about the condition of it was very gratifying and exciting :) he shipped it on the 7th April and it arrived today so another "casualty" of the virus but the wait adds to the fun or so we say :)

In the metal it looks so much better than my really poor photographs but it really is a beauty, not NOS but I think it must have had very limited and careful wear, the bracelet clasp does look almost NOS and it is 1 1/2 links too long for me which is nice and the non flared type which I prefer.

This will be my "collector" one for now.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Wow! Spectacular condition. May I ask what it went off at? 45 bids and you being the buyer is as legit a valuation as it could be.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
That is a stunner Jon. Oh my, very well bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
4,608 Posts
So glad you finally received it John !
It’s about as nice as it gets for a vintage watch imo, just the right amount of light wear signs but that still shows its original beauty. ...all original to itself, unmolested as I’ve seen and with a full length bracelet. Really good pick up !!

·
Special Member
2,639 Posts
Wow... for an Early 6139 Resist in Amazing Condition complete with original bracelet... Fantastic Buy!

·
Registered
5,935 Posts
I bid my maximum ($625) "knowing" I wouldent get it but I did, this vintage watch world can be crazy to understand at times.

View attachment 450022
First off, lovely pick up. Congrats !

Lots of watches are selling at low prices now. Some auctions are not even receiving any bids with starting prices that used to be somewhat fair market value. I guess with 25% unemployment and furloughs among those still employed things like our beloved vintage watches are seeing price depression.

Very nice watch at a very good price John !

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
beautiful watch John - congrats.

And you couldn't have purchased from a more solid, outstanding seller. I picked up my blue -6005 from Ray as well.

·
Registered
3,588 Posts
Now thats a Keeper John!

·
Special Member
4,608 Posts
beautiful watch John - congrats.

And you couldn't have purchased from a more solid, outstanding seller. I picked up my blue -6005 from Ray as well.
Thanks for the kind words there Mike, but I just relayed/shipped it to John.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts