The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm generally into movements, but I especially like the combination of good movement + water resistance without an external dive bezel. I've also been looking for sporty vintage, all within a student budget.
So here's what's in the pics:
Seiko 5126 sports "diver" - I was looking for a 51xx movement to add to my collection, so I couldn't pass this up since this was fully serviced, seals, etc. Otherwise, I was looking at Presmatics. I heard interesting things about the 51xx watches, with the chronometer-grade heritage from the Presmatics. Unfortunately, the 5126 doesn't seem to hack or hand wind, while the 5106 and 5146 apparently do.

Seiko Alpinist (the 6r15 one) - The Alpinist had long been my favourite watch, and was my first Seiko auto that I got. I really wanted the Sports 200 one with the 4s15, but it wasn't really within my price range. Also, I'm a little conflicted, since I like the fact that I hear the 6r15 one is a little larger (can anyone confirm?).

Seiko LM Silverwave - I had been looking for a 52xx for the longest time, and was all ready to go for an LM Special. I then heard about the LM Silverwave, which has a 5216 movement, screw-down crown, and 150m WR. Spent a huge amount of effort looking for one of these!

Seiko LM Special - Loved the watch, but wasn't getting any wrist time, so it's up for sale now

Seiko 7039 Advan - This movement is the rarest of the 70xx series, and is only available in 2 different Advans as far as I know The other Advans have either 7019s or 6106s. The 7039 movement is the only one in the 70xx series that hacks! Gave this watch to my dad as a present :)

What's next? I have no idea, but I'd love a KS Vanac if I can ever find one for cheap. Any ideas?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is hard to find numbers on a dial that you like sometimes. That was one thing that attracted me about the Alpinist and LM Silverwave... gives it a sort of military look. Have you seen some of those white mil style 6306 Silverwaves? Really sharp, I'll post a pic if I can find someone's

·
Super Moderator
3,016 Posts
I had no idea that there was a Silverwave/LM co-branded model, much less that it contained a 5216 movement. That's awesome, thanks for sharing!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts