The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these projects in our local watch forum and thought it would be nice to share. Some home-cooked Tunas and their accessories made by the members. What do you think?

Based on slim case SEIKO 6309-729x:

Based on 200m quartz diver:

Some custom bezels. Obviously based on Tuna SBBN007/017 OEM bezel:

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looking very good Indera and i like the bezel !!! :)
Hi, John,

I also think they are nice projects. What I'm not certain is how nice is the fitting. You know, the one that looks very nice... until you try to put them all together....

Unfortunately those projects are in different city. I would love to hand one in person, dismantle it and see how the parts fit together.

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Question if I may:
Are these Bezels ....... ( Anodized or Plated ) ?
Are they also made of Bronze or Brass-Nickel Alloy ?.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Would I be right in thinking the gold and black bezels are Seiko bezels, and only the stainless one has been made by 'KR Watchmaker' ??

Some more info would be really useful - looks really good, tell us more please!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Very clean, very tasteful, very factory in appearance.

Would it be out of line to ask who is doing these mods?
Hi, Danny,

The person who did this is from Indonesia and not a member here. AFAIK, he is a part-time watchmaker who services various kind of watches.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Question if I may:
Are these Bezels ....... ( Anodized or Plated ) ?
Are they also made of Bronze or Brass-Nickel Alloy ?.
Would I be right in thinking the gold and black bezels are Seiko bezels, and only the stainless one has been made by 'KR Watchmaker' ??
Aloha Longbike and Feca,

If you referred to the pic below, the golden bezel was home-made from bronze and a copy of modern Tuna 300m bezel. The black bezel below is SEIKO OEM bezel for Tuna Golgo for comparison.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Some more pictures (not mine) of the bezel during production:

Bronze bezel grips being milled. Apparently the raw material is a bronze schedule pipe?

SS bezel coin edge (based on the 6105 divers) being milled.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
These look great. You should go into production. Can i ask where you got the inserts from?
Thanks, Barry. But it's not mine. Made by a member of our local SEIKO forum in Indonesia. I just thought they are interesting to be shared here.

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Aloha Longbike and Feca,

If you referred to the pic below, the golden bezel was home-made from bronze and a copy of modern Tuna 300m bezel. The black bezel below is SEIKO OEM bezel for Tuna Golgo for comparison.

I would be a little dubious about using Bronze for the bezel due to the softness because the profile area that actually fits to the case is quite delicate and when snapped into place could very easily become damaged/broken (imo).

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would be a little dubious about using Bronze for the bezel due to the softness because the profile area that actually fits to the case is quite delicate and when snapped into place could very easily become damaged/broken (imo).
I agree with you, John.

That's what I mentioned in the beginning that I'm curious about the fit when they are assembled. The click ball could possibly eat out the underside of the bezel too.

The bright side is bronze is self-lubricating so the bezel will turns more swiftly? Provided that it stays there of course. :grin:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts