The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys,

Thought I might wanna share a picture of my restored Citizen NY2300 from Ramon's stash after some color was introduced into it.

Here it was before:

And after I went at it with the orange spray can.

Close Up:

Wrist Shot:

Had great fun with this one. Wishing everyone in the forum a great weekend ahead! :D

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wish there were more folks modding this model.

It's low cost and as easy to mod as the regular SKXs and what not. It's a good sized diver for people with noodle arms and fairy wrists like mine. Hehe...

Only problem is that there are very few after market parts for it.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hehe... The hands were an interesting story. I was fondling a friend's EcoZilla before I did this up and figured that a white hour hand and an orange minute hand would be a quirky modern twist to this old fella.

As for the second hand, since his big neighbour was in this flamboyant orange, might as well go black stealth and get under the radar.

Haha... Was a fun built for sure, this one.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Brilliant. Concur with other posters wishing this was a more frequent mod-model. Love the added second hand. You might even consider adding an orange silicon strap or black/orange contrast band to complete the look.

Cheers from Kyiv,
Seiko_Soul

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for the affirmation. Strap options are definitely fun to have.

Here's a couple more shots taken over the weekend while I was celebrating my wedding anniversary. Its getting a lot of wrist time. :grin:

While walking around the marina.

Waiting for dinner.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Just saw this. WOW!! What a beauty! Fantastic mod. I love the added orange tip to the second hand, and the white hour and orange minute hands work really well. I'm curious about the dial. Did you simply clean that, restore it (especially the text at the bottom), or just replace it? If that's the original dial, it's a great job!

Congrats on the save/restore/mod, and enjoy it in good health! :13:

·
Registered
3,871 Posts
Looks Nice .......

I dont use small watchs to much, but I would use that one. It has some
" ZINGggg ", to it. Yeh, character does alot to a plain looking watch I think. And I am not a Modder yet, but it looks good. Keep finding more to do to it, or just leave it like it is.
I made one like this, but used a smoke tinted slightly see through plexi instead of a dial. As to hide the movement holding ring. Tinted cover the day/dates. Made a window. Chromed minute ring I made. Used a set of C506 Aqualand Duplex Hands.
My wife took it to use, now its hers. Back here they are into ......... " Fashion Fad's ".
(Used a Seiko 6309-7290 extra case.)

Attachments

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just saw this. WOW!! What a beauty! Fantastic mod. I love the added orange tip to the second hand, and the white hour and orange minute hands work really well. I'm curious about the dial. Did you simply clean that, restore it (especially the text at the bottom), or just replace it? If that's the original dial, it's a great job!

Congrats on the save/restore/mod, and enjoy it in good health! :13:
Thanks for the kind words mate.

I replaced the dial. It was a very messy lume job. I chuckle to myself each time I look closely at it. It glows crazy bright though.

It was fun tinkering with this watch. And I got loads of respect for the Miyota movements. They are really solidly built and the winding function does put it on the top of my list.

Glad you like the colors. My wife has ninja-ed the watch from me since though I get to wear it when she's not looking. Hehehe...

1 - 20 of 25 Posts