The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys it was my understanding that the Sbbn017 bezels were a direct swap for a 6309-7040 . Mine is not working out that way , am I missing something ?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
well hello Cecil...i remember another member running into this..can u show some pics of the bezel?...top and bottom pics?....i think there is some difference in the years...God Bless John

·
Registered
316 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is just my luck ! Every time I try to do something it's one step forward and three steps back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
hey it is no biggie..we all learn and that is why we are all here...i am told there are a few styles of these bezels and some have a different mounting...hey can u tell me this...did the bottom of both bezels look the same?...i wonder if you have the bezel that uses that metal piece versus the click ball....i will gladly help in any way i can...God Bless Jhn

·
Premium Member
2,061 Posts
Ive just done a quick Google, the Sbbn017e has a uni directional bezel and the 6309 has a bi-directional bezel.
I would assume there would be a difference as the uni directional uses a click ring affair, and the bi directional 6309 uses a click ball and spring.
The underside of the bezel is different for each system (or at least it is on the bi directional 7002 bezel's and the later unidirectional 7002/skx bezels).
Modification of the bezel may well be required.

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Hey Ivor...can that be modified to work?....that would be great if it could be....i wonder how many other model bezels will fit the 6309...God Bless John

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
well i think that is the other style...take a look at the 6309 bezel you have....you will see the difference....they have a different click setup....i think that one has that funny looking metal spacer under the bezel...

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
hey how does it feel when you try and install it?...will it push down and just spin around?...will it stay on?..

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
hey no new pics...

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
well i think the mating surfaces are made for different styles...and with that being said...you have the later style that does not use the click ball....so just to be clear.....it will not snap on and stay put?...you can pull it off with some effort

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
Well that is a beautiful bezel...i have been looking for one myself to complete my TST...i did not realize they were not compatible either...i wonder if it can be modified to work...and what you will need to make it work...if the bezel can be machined or will it need case modification.....someone who has ran into this i am sure will chime in....

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
hey i just thought of this too...will the old bezel work fine?...no problems with it?....functions as it should?...

·
Registered
6,720 Posts
hey look at the back of this 6309 bezel....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 52 Posts