The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a great way to start the day. Postie has just brought me two 6105's which have been serviced by one of our resident artists. Look at these beauties... :wub:

'76 Seiko 6105-8110

'75 (my birth year) Seiko 6105-8110

left: Seiko 6105-8110 from October 1976
right: Seiko 6105-8110 from August 1975

(btw, that's not my name on the case...)

Thank you so much Uwe! :yahoo:

·
Registered
4,405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John, I guess you're referring mainly to the marker at six o'clock. AFAIK and imho it's still the original lume. The dial and hands glow almost equal for one or two seconds before they fade away...

·
Registered
461 Posts
I need to get the minute markers repainted on my dial, every single one has worn off, not to sure how to achieve the results but I'll be practicing on lots of paper before going near the dial.
Then it's down to clockman to work his magic on my crown and away I go, oh and I need to polish the crystal aswell

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Really nice Mario ! :clap:

Both in great shape.

I think I need one, in the near future...

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hi Mario,

I'm glad you like them, it's always a pleasure and a challenge to work for a conaisseur like you ;-)

I enjoyed the time they spent on my workbench as well as the time I wore them for the final testing.

I liked your idea not restore them to better than new condition,

but to let them keep their vintage character and at the same time to be watertight to their original specs with a dependable running movement.

Best regards

Uwe

1 - 20 of 20 Posts