The Watch Site banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I bought this great watch in vintage lot - it is a Citizen "4H" Alarm Date Parashock - stainless steel case dual crown with a serial number of 40900443 I believe this watch is from 1954 or 1964 (I am much more familiar with Seiko's products and numbering system).

Dial reads: 4H Citizen Alarm Date 21 Jewels Parashock
Back of case reads: [STAR] Stainless Steel ALD1507051

It is not perfect, but here is what I know:

-Manual wind (both the watch and the alarm, thus the 2 crowns)​
-Patina dial with speckles, freckles and some "ghosted" spots where it looks like the hands stayed for a long time (tried to show this in the pics), deep staining between 3 & 4 o'clock - very bright and crisp silver indices​
-Alarm function works, but it does not last long - I am a bit afraid to wind it too tight due to the age, but it is loud and lasts for about 2 seconds during my half-hearted tests​
-Date flips over correctly at 12 o'clock​
- Case looks very clean especially for a 50+ year old watch​
-Crystal looks great, I doubt it is original just because of how clean it is​
-New black leather strap with matching silver tone hardware, not original but brand new unworn​
- Service History Unknown, selling as-is, no returns​
- FULL DISCLOSURE - when I initially wound the watch it would stop and start. Sometimes for 2 minutes, sometimes for 20 minutes. I think the watch had been sitting for some time. After gently tapping the crystal when stopped, it started right up again. As of writing this it has been running (and keeping good time) for 3 hours, so I would recommend servicing upon purchase. I have taken this into consideration in my asking price.​
- 36.5mm width, 38mm with crowns, 42.5mm from lug tip to lug tip, substantially large for a watch of its era​

Asking $225 USD due to condition. Payment will be via PayPal – continental U.S. residents, shipping is included in my price. Others, including international buyers will pay actual shipping costs once I have your address. Please PM me with any questions (if you respond here I will PM you back).

Thanks for looking, it's really a beautiful watch in person - feel free to PM me with questions!

JR
IG: @my_seiko_obsession

Attachments

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sold elsewhere- but thanks as always SCWF for the space!

JR
IG: @my_seiko_obsession

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts