The Watch Site banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Up for sale is my King Seiko Hi-Beat 5626-7041 Officially Certified Chronometer from March, 1973.

The watch was serviced in 2015 and is in great condition, running well. Originally purchased from a well-known collector on the forums.
The movement is a hi-beat at 28,800 bph and keeps time to about +5s/day. The movement hacks and hand-winds perfectly. The quickset day-date also works properly, without any issue. The date on these models should not be set between 9 pm and 5 am, to prevent wear to the plastic quickset rocker.

The case is in its original finish and has never been polished. No dings or dents, but shows wear commensurate with its age. Original KS crown. There is a faint scratch on the crystal near the 10 o'clock side, which I could not capture with my camera.

The dial is a nice pearl-white and is fully original, with no stains. There seem to be a couple of very small age-related spots on the dial, which I could not capture with my camera. Hands and indices are in excellent condition as well and are non-luminous as per this model.

Comes with an original Seiko bracelet, which while not original to this model is from a similar Lord-Matic and differs only in the clasp, this having a standard Seiko clasp as opposed to a KS clasp. The bracelet is full-length and includes 2 extra links (not pictured).

Asking $480 shipped, excluding PayPal fees. I'm currently out of the US on work; the watch will be shipped via EMS Speedpost internationally (5-7 days).
Also interested in trades, primarily Seikos (SARB017 Alpinist, 6139/6138s, 7A28/7A38s), but preference is toward sale.

Please feel free to PM me with any questions.
Thanks for looking!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts