The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am offering up for sale my Seiko 4006-7001 17j Bellmatic for sale. I need to thin out some of the collection. Way to many projects and not enough time. I have had this watch for about two years and I have never gotten around to doing anything with it so I figured it should go to someone who could enjoy it. The watch runs great and once wound up has a very good power reserve. I have never checked it for accuracy. Everything appears to be original an unmolested as far as I can see. The retaining spring for the movement is cracked. That is how I found it. I left it out of the watch because I did not want it to damage anything in the movement. When I first got it I polished the crystal as it had some light scratches on it. it might be the original one. As you can see from the pictures the movement is very clean. The dial is in very nice shape with some degradation of the lume apparent on the markers. There is no seal on the back case and I have no bracelet for this watch either.
Payment will be by PayPal only. $75 dollars plus whatever the shipping cost are to where you live. Will ship anywhere in the US and Canada. Exporting to the UK Australia Spain France Germany. Anywhere else contact me and ask.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add the alarm hammer when activated will not stay cocked. It falls forward when you tip the watch. it cocks properly when you pull on the alarm stem. The bezel rotates freely and the alarm bell is there and in good shape. I have not touched it. Those familiar with the 4006 probably already know what it needs and I will leave it to them to fix this nice looking watch.

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am not sure if I have priced this watch correctly or it is just not a desirable Bellmatic version. If you have any interest in throw a number at me or offer something up in trade. if I do not hear anything by Sunday I'm just going to toss it back in the bin and maybe someday I'll be in the mood to play with it.

Michael

1 - 3 of 3 Posts