The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Craftsman
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am offering up for sale a recently completed gold dial Pogue restoration project I took in on my own. All restoration work performed by me. If I had to describe this particular watch, I would liken it to a nice vintage daily driver quality automobile; not a show winner but mechanically sound under the hood with decent looks. The watch was purchased from another SCWF forum member who was looking to get out of the project due to extent and cost of repairs. The watch case back serial# starts with 73 and the dial is date stamped 72 so a good numbers match here and dial is likely original to this piece. All parts are original period correct Seiko with the exception of the dimpled crown which is an authentic looking and functioning aftermarket piece.

This watch is both cosmetically and mechanically sound with the following services performed:
o Conservative Case Refinish (Micro Swirls Removed, Circular Brushing Enhanced, Case lines are good and pronounced)
o Dial/H/M Hand/Rotating Ring Pip Re-lumed
o Complete Movement Overhauled with all new seals, both upper and lower MS Arbor Ports Jeweled, and Timing Regulated. Currently running 0 to +4 sec per day. Time grapher line is solid and straight with decent amplitude 0.0 beat error. A solid running timepiece.
o Crystal is a good quality AM correct Hardlex piece that came on the watch in excellent condition.

Issues found and corrected during service included:
o Plastic Date Finger Replaced
o Tightened Cannon Pinion
o Replaced Worn Setting Lever
o Replaced Incorrect Stem and Crown. Stem spring and gear are OE and inner rotating ring rotates 360 degrees.

The watch is presented on an authentic and correct Seiko tapered H-Link bracelet. One extra link will be provided for sizing purposes.

Price is $800 shipped in the CONUS. Overseas buyers will consider splitting cost of shipping. Payment accepted via PayPal F&F only. No Trades Please. I have bought and sold a number of watches here and on other watch forums with excellent feedback. References available upon request. Too many fake and frankened watches out there. You know what you are getting here. Buy with confidence. Please PM me with any questions. Thanks for looking.

·
Craftsman
1,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will PM you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: slngshot
1 - 4 of 4 Posts