The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
30,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All this sun and heat we are getting must be great for all the solar powered watches but jeeeze it grinds me to a standstill, i feel i could do with an assistant wiping the sweat from my brow when i am leaning over a watch, mentioned it to the wife but she muttered a word that i can't repeat :)) much prefer dabbling on cooler evenings ;)

Don't know how you guys manage in some of the temperatures you get all the while..

·
Registered
534 Posts
When I first arrived in Japan, I noticed everyone had small handkerchieves in hand....then I noticed many having small handtowels around the neck as they walked....strange I thought!
Now it is the only way i can cope with humidity and heat of 30C +-!!! Try it, John....wet the towel and put it around your neck under your collar...It works! :))

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
a few years ago, I bought a battery operated neck cooler.
Apparently, while it cools the water and releases it in the specific area of the neck, it makes you feel cooler.
It has worked for me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
8) Think about how it is here in Fiji in the winter 31 degrees Celcius at lunchtime.
Working outside it looks like you have been in a shower and the sweat just rains down around me sometimes.
Still there are some compensations.
http://www.naisosoisland.com/
Here is a link to the project that I have been working on.
Great for Eco Drive watches.

Cheers

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
I can't think of any city on earth with the most unbearable heat and humidity like Miami :( :-\ :-[

I been living here for the better part of 25 years and still can't get used to the horrid heat of this city built at the edge of the Everglades swamp.

If your car or home don't have a good A/C system, you are dead meat. Period.

Today is a "cooler" day at 82F (28 C) but for the better part of a month and a half, our average has been in the 90-95F range. With the relative humidity in the 90%-100%, some days easily feel like 100F-103F :-[ .

If you are a sweaty person like me living in this climate, watch straps of any kind are a big no-no. Just walking towards your car you already feel like you took a shower with your clothes on. It could be midnight in Miami and the thermometer is still pegged at 90F+ Insane!

We do get a "cool" relief between November and April. This year was unusually cold for us. We had some days back in January in the 38F range. After April we went from mild 72-75F days straight to 90F.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Time said:
a few years ago, I bought a battery operated neck cooler.
Apparently, while it cools the water and releases it in the specific area of the neck, it makes you feel cooler.
It has worked for me.

[/quote]

That looks like an electronic tag - they stick it around the ankles of criminals to monitor their movements.

I know Tiger jumped a red light recently, but if he wore that people will think he's the local mafia boss :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts