Registered
475 Posts
Looks a bit pricey and complicated for me

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
Investor will buy!

I would love to see the movement complications. Very nice piece and still looks good for an 81 year old watch.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Article states: "It was last wound in 1969. And it is still working"

How is that possible to say this conclusively? Either:

a) it has the most fantastical power reserve ever, or

b) they're claiming it runs correctly based upon inspection/examination, not an actual demonstration of it's capability to run?

·
Registered
564 Posts
That comment got me as well

In the end I thought it meant it was last wound then and never again so to preserve it. And yes the watch is still in working order today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
That comment got me as well

In the end I thought it meant it was last wound then and never again so to preserve it. And yes the watch is still in working order today?
This was my interpretation.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Drats. Just got beat out. I'd pulled together $23 million, got outbid at $24.4 million. ;)
so it was you I was bidding against!?

I got out at $23.7 million
My watchmaker said the service would cost only about $1 million , so I figured maybe I'd just buy a new prospex SUN019 and save some cash for booze and my women.
;)

·
Registered
682 Posts
Article states: "It was last wound in 1969. And it is still working"

How is that possible to say this conclusively? Either:

a) it has the most fantastical power reserve ever, or

b) they're claiming it runs correctly based upon inspection/examination, not an actual demonstration of it's capability to run?
I think it was just after that they swapped out the movement for one of those new quartz ones for ease. :grin:

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'd like to see some heavy modding on that one. Maybe a Murphy coin edge and a Dagaz dial? Could our Tiger make it fit in a TST shroud?

... from my phone, with the spell check from hell.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts