The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
Seiko Dive Watches, Rolex Submariner
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was in my local downtown Main Street jewelers today. I've been friends with the owners for years (they were at my wedding 20 + years ago) and I've helped him sell some estate watches online occasionally. Today he says, we aren't going to sell the watches we have and I'm tired of them sitting around gathering dust, you think you could sell them for me online? I told him I was sure I could, but what prices, etc. He says, just get whatever you can for them and I'll split it with you... Well this should keep me busy for a while...probably take me till Christmas, but should be at least a little bit of fun. I learned how to set the time and perpetual calendar on a couple of citizen eco-drive chronometers today...that was definitely an experience.

·
Registered
479 Posts
That looks like a month of fun to me! I am about to list about 15 watches that I have had sitting for a while, so I feel you pain, but that is how you gain (more $ for more Seikos to be precise).

;)

JR
IG: @my_seiko_obsession

·
Registered
457 Posts
Sounds like a fun summer project! Quick question - what is that blue Citizen in the front corner? It looks like some kind of big date gmt??

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sounds like a fun summer project! Quick question - what is that blue Citizen in the front corner? It looks like some kind of big date gmt??
It is a Citizen BR0011-53L Eco-Drive World Timer 180 Blue Dial. I'm not a Citizen guy, so I really have no idea how it works (yet), but it sure does look cool. I've been playing with the Perpetual Calendar Chronos and they are freakin amazing...too bad I'm just not into Citizens or eco-drives...

·
Special Member & Premium Member
1,326 Posts
It is a Citizen BR0011-53L Eco-Drive World Timer 180 Blue Dial. I'm not a Citizen guy, so I really have no idea how it works (yet), but it sure does look cool. I've been playing with the Perpetual Calendar Chronos and they are freakin amazing...too bad I'm just not into Citizens or eco-drives...

View attachment 477852
World timers are always very collectable

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
World timers are always very collectable
I had no idea that it would be collectable. I know so very little about Citizen watches, this will be a learning experience if nothing else. So far I've been really impressed by the Perpetual Calendar Chronos. Once set correctly (and that was seriously tricky) the watch shouldn't need to be reset until the year 2100...how crazy is that?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts