The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Member of SCWF since ~2004... Hundreds of posts, hundreds of sales/trades... Major life "events" took me away from hobbies in 2009.

Life's improving, getting a chance to "smell the roses" again. Logged back on only to find I no longer exist? Nobody shows as having been a member prior to spring 2010? What did I miss? Did the millenium strike SCWF a decade late?

Reposting a few (very) old photos hoping somebody remembers one or two?

Cheers one & all,
Danny S

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Welcome back and hope you do just fine again, great watchs too.
I am LongBike from Honolulu, Hawaii.
Been here for couple years now, 2012 , and enjoying it too.
Aaahh, a bike rider too, .......
I do Harley Choppers

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Catching the blue of the Sawtooth dial took some learning...

Who's been here long enough to remember when these were the hot ticket?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Welcome back and hope you do just fine again, great watchs too.
I am LongBike from Honolulu, Hawaii.
Been here for couple years now, 2012 , and enjoying it too.
Aaahh, a bike rider too, .......
I do Harley Choppers
EXCEEDINGLY cool scooters!

Feel for you about the HI thing though. Honolulu must be tough! Hang in there.

:grin:

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Some VERY cool pics!
As to the Yema.....I had that same one but foolishly sold it.
I do however still have the Quartz version which is still hard to find!

·
Registered
475 Posts
There are many members here from the old days. The network 54 site is on archive and we moved here. Several of the "old crowd" are still here and it is still an amazing friendly site.
Welcome back to the Hobby and the community :)

I do remember the Yemas and anyone got those beautiful stingray dials?

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There are many members here from the old days. The network 54 site is on archive and we moved here. Several of the "old crowd" are still here and it is still an amazing friendly site.
Welcome back to the Hobby and the community :)

I do remember the Yemas and anyone got those beautiful stingray dials?
Thankya sir!

Just felt odd to go from being this guy... I can't hide this beatiful thing any longer. I HAVE to wear it. I just got the watch last week from dannyelectro. Dan let the thing go for a good price and I can't thank him enough. Dan also helped me out with some Customs issues

To being this guy... Forbidden = You don't have permission to access /scwf/ on this server.

From being this guy... 1st impressions when I got my Atlas... Off the cuff observations on the SKZ211K "Atlas" Sports 5 July 16 2005 at 2:42 PM Danny S (Login dannyelectro)...

To being this guy... dannyelectro, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

That's the screen I got when trying to send a PM about a watch on the trading post.

So there's no way to verify a prolific past poster and "reinstate" some privileges?

I realise trolls and "drive by" sellers caused some trouble in past, but I have to rack up 50 posts to buy a watch??!!

Gotta admit, things don't feel quite as friendly as they useta was.

:confused:

·
Administrator
30,694 Posts
Thankya sir!

Just felt odd to go from being this guy... I can't hide this beatiful thing any longer. I HAVE to wear it. I just got the watch last week from dannyelectro. Dan let the thing go for a good price and I can't thank him enough. Dan also helped me out with some Customs issues

To being this guy... Forbidden = You don't have permission to access /scwf/ on this server.

From being this guy... 1st impressions when I got my Atlas... Off the cuff observations on the SKZ211K "Atlas" Sports 5 July 16 2005 at 2:42 PM Danny S (Login dannyelectro)...

To being this guy... dannyelectro, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

That's the screen I got when trying to send a PM about a watch on the trading post.

So there's no way to verify a prolific past poster and "reinstate" some privileges?

I realise trolls and "drive by" sellers caused some trouble in past, but I have to rack up 50 posts to buy a watch??!!

Gotta admit, things don't feel quite as friendly as they useta was.

:confused:
Hi and welcome back, some nice models there (very nice infact :) ).

We all started fresh regardless of previous post counts etc with no exceptions but it doesent take long to build up a post count of 50 :)

·
Super Moderator
3,038 Posts
Hi Danny,
Welcome back! It's good you are able to join us again after such a long break. I think you are taking things a little too personally. When software changes were made in 2010, everyone started over with zero posts. The requirement for 50 posts isn't to use the trading post, just to sell things there- so you can currently post WTBs no problem. As our numbers have grown, it became important to give buyers a chance to know who they were dealing with, for added security and peace of mind. Being able to browse a seller's posting history lets buyers have a little information on the type of person with which they might be entering a transaction.
It seems like you have quite a collection, and a lot of good information to offer. Share a little bit of that when you get a chance, and I'm sure the post count will be high in no time.

Best,

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi Danny,
Welcome back! It's good you are able to join us again after such a long break. I think you are taking things a little too personally....
Thankya sir!

Yeah, you're absolutely right. Just felt rather like a poke in the eye to find I wasn't permitted to contact a forumer to send him money?? DOH! :icon_scratch:

Looking forward to catching up. (Done whining!)

Thx for all the warm welcomes!!

·
Registered
3,734 Posts
Welcome back Dan. What was your old user name? I seem to recall those turquoise dials from days past and most definitely recall when those Yema's were all the rage. Trends come and go and so do members. Always good to see some old friends return to this and other forums as well.

Cheers!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Welcome back Dan. What was your old user name? I seem to recall those turquoise dials from days past and most definitely recall when those Yema's were all the rage. Trends come and go and so do members. Always good to see some old friends return to this and other forums as well.

Cheers!
Login name: dannyelectro
Name name: Danny S

Yep, nuts for loud dial colors!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts