The Watch Site banner

41 - 51 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
As far as the dial I have never seen a reproduction "proof" dial ever. Almost all of the dials being reproduced right now are actually completely blank where the dial would be marked with either proof or resist. These is no doubt in my mind that this is a genuine dial movement and hand set. Unless someone has other pictures that show something different.

My dial

Michael

Michael
An aftermarket Proof dial does exist although I haven't seen to many. This is one I acquired several years ago.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
I never saw any listed separately for sale when I see the reproduction dials and hands listed but then again I had no reason to go looking for one either. Strangely enough it is the same with the 6105 diver. I have not seen and reproduction 6105 proof dials recently that I can think of which seems strange. Unless someone has already tried and they did not sell maybe?

Michael

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #45 (Edited)
Hi Micahel,

Would have been nice to sell as a whole working watch. :)

Kind rgds
Jef
Why? The original two piece sweep hand hand been replaced with the newer one piece. The hour and minute hand were polished not frosted so they had been replaced. The original band was missing. It needed a new crystal and the movement needed servicing and the original black inner bezel was faded to white. What would you have paid for it the way it was?

Michael

·
Registered
3 Posts
Whether Fugly or not depends on the model - dial colour and so on. Some are fricking fugly, others are blooming beautiful. I always find a 6138 to be the nicer designs of watch, and of course not to forget the opposing team with their 7016 etc... All in all though, gotta love 'em all in my opinion :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
p.s. I have a near mint 1st notched. I'll maybe have to find my camera and show all you haters what a blooming beautiful one looks like ya ya ya :D

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Blimey, this is an old thread you’ve resurrected! Ruined by by crappy old photofuckit.

·
Administrator
29,709 Posts
Did anyone ever hear what happened to Michael/killsnapz ? I know the last time I "spoke" to him he wasent in the best of health, over time I dealt with Michael a few times and all good, my wife still wears one of the watches I bought from him.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts