The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yobokies is selling blank cases of the SNE107 solar diver

That got me thinking what is he doing with the innards? I don't think that case would be too much in demand as a part, making me speculate that it is being "sold-off" more than sold. Could be wrong.

Is there a Seiko 5 diver which could take that dial and movement? Its a clean face and a classic look all around. Love the hands. Would be nice to get all that is good inside away from that bezel. I know people say the bezel grows on you. Has not on me.

While I am at it, has it been confirmed/disconfirmed that bezels from any other models will work on this watch? I think the answer is "No."

Just a thought.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't know any of the above but would also like to know. I wonder if the Vostok murphy bezel might work?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi, new guy here. :afro:

I don't have answers to the above, either.

For what it's worth though, I'll chime in with the irrelevant fact that I own the black case version of this watch and have pondered the idea of creating a black/orange version by inserting the orange dial and black hands from a silver case model into my black case. See attached photo for the theoretical result. Of course I could then fill the silver case with the black dial and white hands from my current watch, so that wouldn't necessarily result in an empty silver case. Conclusion....this is probably not what Yobokies is working on.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
mm- i quite like the idea of orange faced one in teh black case. As you say that doesn't answer the original question thou.

I too have the black cased one and the s/s black faced one. I did have the orange faced item but sold it on due to the actual orange colour - it was was rather dull and nothing like the pics and the orange faces on the Sami, Shogun etc (probably due to the fact that it was not opaque).

·
Special Member
1,188 Posts
Come on Harold... Spill the beans !

Gonna be day dreaming all afternoon now trying to decide which classic Seiko I'd want the Dial and movement in !.

Kind Regards

Graham

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for replies, off topic or not! I do not own one yet but my brother has one and it is a sweet watch. Would be interesting to start some mods off of it. The black one makes me tolerate the bezel just a little better. Orange dial in black is a interesting idea.

Perhaps next time I order something from Harold I will ask him.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts