The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked up one of these in a group of 5 watches that got from another online source. I have seen very little information so I thought I would ask the folks here for some help. I am willing to put a little cash into it considering I only gave about 20 bucks for it. My only concern is that I won't be able to find parts for it or even find someone that is willing to work on it. I only have to watch case with no bracelet, the shroud has broken to pieces and has been removed and it is not running at all.

Any comments, advice for resource information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
390 Posts
Your problem is going to be the shroud which is basically plastic I was lucky to get a new one fitted by Seiko UK & they had a hell of a job locating one the watch itself is a real cracker with superb lumen and 10-year battery life.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I see. Its definitely going to be a project. I have no bracelet and the crystal may need to be replaced. Maybe I will start my contacting Seiko here UN the US. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I think you may have a battle on your hands. The crystals have a cyclops - but unlike most it is on the inside . A generic non-cyclops may suit though.

I do have one of mine on rubber strap that looks nice (if you do a search against me there are pics somewhere on here).

I think i can get hold of a bracelet but the price put me off (cheap it was not) - hence the rubber.

Nice watches though, so persevere.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
After looking at the crystal....it's not in terrible condition. The movement definitely needs to be serviced though. The bezel doesn't rotate at all. Oh well....I will make an attempt. Or maybe someone out the wants a "project" watch. We'll see how it goes.

Keep me posted and I will keep searching.

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
The bezel is an easy fix .

Simply remove it (i always use a sharpened credit card) - clean the bezel and case up.

Relube using silicon grease and reassemble. Should do it.

Is it not working? Have you tried the reset procedure for these? I have quite a few of these movements and a certain % do not immediately restart after a battery replacement

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow!! Great info ricardopalamino! That process worked perfectly! Now all I have to do is get the bezel rotating again. Thanks folks!

Keep the good info coming.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The bezel is an easy fix .

Simply remove it (i always use a sharpened credit card) - clean the bezel and case up.

Relube using silicon grease and reassemble. Should do it.

Is it not working? Have you tried the reset procedure for these? I have quite a few of these movements and a certain % do not immediately restart after a battery replacement
Please share more about removing the bezel. Thanks!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts