The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad was cleaning out some stuff and stopped by with it a few days ago. Circa 1976 I think, I was around 6 years old.

It's quite small, maybe 32mm I would guess. And the beat rate is very slow, it sounds like maybe as slow as 4bps to my untrained ears.

And yes, that does say:
Timex
Unadjusted
Philippines
No (0) Jewels

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
I'll bet that brought back a flood of memories of naughty things you did as a six year old :))

I wish I still had my first watch; it would probably be the center of my collection ;)

Charles Shultz; the animator was a genious and he entertained, mystified and educated us for decades with Charlie Brown and Peanuts O0

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
I still have my first watch from when I was about 8 or 9. Has taken a lickin and still keeps a ticking.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
That is just balls out cool on so many levels. I wish I still had the Jules Jurgenson retirement watch that my grandfather gave me in high school. I trashed it and ultimately disposed of it. Oh well...

·
Registered
4 Posts
I still have my first watch somewhere. It is a Sears Winnie the Pooh watch. He's floating from a balloon on the dial. It's my second watch I don't have.
My grandfather had a Bolova watch with a countdown bezel that I really admired. I got one for my birthday and put it on a different band so that it would look more like James Bond's watch and lost it almost immediately. At least I found my grandpa's watch when he died although it was in pretty bad shape.

Chad

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Here is my first watch. Not the actual one I had in 1984-1985 (flooded that one, boys will be boys), but one I found a few years ago that is it exactly. It is a Fisher-Price digital, complete with kid-friendly velcro band! I was the king of the schoolyard with this one! ---A

Attachments

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Cobrajet25 said:
Here is my first watch. Not the actual one I had in 1984-1985 (flooded that one, boys will be boys), but one I found a few years ago that is it exactly. It is a Fisher-Price digital, complete with kid-friendly velcro band! I was the king of the schoolyard with this one! ---A
LOL...I bet laser beams shot out of that watch, right?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts