The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discovered the following watch online:

Very interesting piece, and clearly built on the 8110/8110a movement. But I noticed that the case back is marked 67-5458. Heading over to this post on sweep-hand.org (my usual research starting point for 8110 Citizens) I discovered a section on the 67-9071, which matches this watch's design exactly.

What's more, according to this Spanish or Portuguese forum thread, this is the 67-5458 (bottom row, 2nd from the left):

So is this watch in fact the 67-9071 with a salvaged/franken'ed case back, or is it actually a 67-5458?

·
Registered
431 Posts
Yes, quite common to find different casebacks on these chronographs. I had a 9313 parts watch with a 9038 back. Some have completely unrelated casebacks too!

·
Registered
240 Posts
There will always be a better example, the watch pictured has been over polished to the point the sides are polished not black, the crown and pushers should be black, the case back is wrong that’s just what I can see. Open the case back and there could be a whole lot of issues with the movement.
This 67-9071 is as close to mint as I could get it’s all original so you can reference from these images.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There will always be a better example, the watch pictured has been over polished to the point the sides are polished not black, the crown and pushers should be black, the case back is wrong that’s just what I can see. Open the case back and there could be a whole lot of issues with the movement.
Oh wow, thanks for pointing that out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts