The Watch Site banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Admire your SKX401. Pepsi's are my favorite Seiko's and SKX's.

I no longer own a SKX007, preferring the SKX173. Today I received a CWR clockwork republic rubber strap. Initial impressions are very good. Maybe the best in 15 years of collecting SKX's!

·
Special Member
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #122 (Edited)
SKXruary 28 - The End of the Road - SKXA65 Limited Edition

SEIKO only ever produced one Limited Edition using the SKX007 form factor. Here is the Thailand-only retail SKXA65 with a total of 2,999 units in the L.E. run. The colors are unlike any other Seiko offering, SKX based or otherwise, faithfully reproducing the colors of the flag of Thailand.

Dial markers are a unique shape not seen elsewhere and I recall once hearing about the shape of the 12 o'clock marker having historical significance to the rich history of Thailand but I can't find anything to explain it.

The Pepsi Bezel is a 50:50 split between blue and red, and the H&M hand set is borrowed off the Sumo line but with matching blue center ends to the hands these are special runs for this reference and not a parts bin special.

This came in a special L.E. presentation box with both the standard rubber wavy in black 4FY8JZ and the usual 44G1-Z-I jubilee bracelet.
Case Number is 7S26-04N0 and it carries the English/Roman day wheel. The run was made in year 2017.

Standard issue with the cyclops magnifier (both photos merged from the internet) and the flag of Thailand to illustrate the grace of execution:

Mine has the low boy double dome sapphire crystal in place of the standard (OEM safely tucked away) which to my eye allows this magnificent dial to be seen and fully appreciated. Shown mounted on a Strapcode Oyster with the SARB065 "S" crown.

Finally a lume shot - an internet exclusive!

PXL_20210228_041629293~2.jpg

·
Special Member
7,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Lovely rather exclusive model. Amazing this was the only Limited Edition SKX with Seiko making so many L.E Samurai's and Sumo's.
It really is an exquisite rendition hats off to Seiko in the flesh it really amazes.

Thanks too for the tout to the CWR clockwork republic rubber strap. Now I have to go out and grab one and they are not cheap but you pay for the good stuff in life !

We are a bunch of enablers here, aren't we ?

·
Registered
451 Posts
That was awesome! It would be near impossible to pick just one favorite out of all of these variants and mods. Bravo for having the patience and willingness to amass this collection and then to catalogue it for everyone. The SKX has gone from "best bang for the $" ISO diver to being an iconic diver that most WIS want at least one in their collection. Now you have published a very comprehensive guide to the possibilities of what is "out there", personally I am going to keep an eye out for a 399 or better yet a 401. Thank you for the eye opening and mouth watering journey into a watch that most think of as only 007s and 009s, hat is off to you!

·
Special Member
1,984 Posts
SKXruary 28 - The End of the Road - SKXA65 Limited Edition

SEIKO only ever produced one Limited Edition using the SKX007 form factor. Here is the Thailand-only retail SKXA65 with a total of 2,999 units in the L.E. run. The colors are unlike any other Seiko offering, SKX based or otherwise, faithfully reproducing the colors of the flag of Thailand.

Dial markers are a unique shape not seen elsewhere and I recall once hearing about the shape of the 12 o'clock marker having historical significance to the rich history of Thailand but I can't find anything to explain it.

The Pepsi Bezel is a 50:50 split between blue and red, and the H&M hand set is borrowed off the Sumo line but with matching blue center ends to the hands these are special runs for this reference and not a parts bin special.

This came in a special L.E. presentation box with both the standard rubber wavy in black 4FY8JZ and the usual 44G1-Z-I jubilee bracelet.
Case Number is 7S26-04N0 and it carries the English/Roman day wheel. The run was made in year 2017.

Standard issue with the cyclops magnifier (both photos merged from the internet) and the flag of Thailand to illustrate the grace of execution:

Mine has the low boy double dome sapphire crystal in place of the standard (OEM safely tucked away) which to my eye allows this magnificent dial to be seen and fully appreciated. Shown mounted on a Strapcode Oyster with the SARB065 "S" crown.

Finally a lume shot - an internet exclusive!

View attachment 466173
well, damn it all. another watch to put on the ever growing list. hehehe.

<* shark >>><

·
Special Member
2,837 Posts
This has been spectacular Jon. I hope you have captured it for posterity.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Grammarofdesign

·
Registered
54 Posts
I like these both, a lot !
Thank you! that 173 was a total stunner in person! I was on an SKX/7002 obsession for so long that i burned out, and traded them all out. now its been about a year or so since my last 009 went out the door. Im starting to get that SKX itch again... let the games begin!

121 - 132 of 132 Posts