The Watch Site banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Author: Buddy Lee

I started out wearing a seiko Snze93, and an Alpha speedy initially. Though they were both really nice, I thought they were too nice, and besides, they were backups to my Bernhardt custom corsair. So I said screw it. I'll buy a watch specifically for messing up, so I don't get wrapped around the axle about the other ones.

I've read soo many nice reviews on the monster line of watches, that I decided to get one. I hunted for about a month, 'till I spotted one on rubber, at amazon for 135? out the door. So I pulled the trigger.

I do a lot of messing around in salt water, so I said perfect. A monster on rubber. But I'm a bracelet guy thru and thru, so I bought a "heavy metal" bracelet from watchadoo. What a bulletproof bracelet it is too. Perfect.

Packaging for the monster was in a cheap black plastic, hinged box, that fell apart immediately. I don't care. I just want the watch, and the instruction manual.

I first thought, thru looking at pictures, that the monster was just too big and bulky, and wouldn't fit with my stature. When I put it in my hand for the first time, I was HIGHLY impressed. It is truly a sight to behold. It's not only nice, but rugged at the same time. I could not only wear this on the boats, but at the embassy as well. This is truly a go anywhere watch.
I look very much the man with this on my wrist :) Even got a compliment on it, from a hot aircrew chick in the chowhall. Now that's what I'm talkin' about.

For me, I judge on several levels. The durability of the watch is number 1 with me, and I especially watch the bracelet, and how it attaches. First off, I have drilled lugs, which made this REALLY easy to change bracelets. Secondly, the watch is downright bulletproof. And on top of that, the most important feature in my mind. The battleship like spring bars inside this bracelet. I'm tellin' you, you'll never rip this watch off of your wrist. Exactly my main concern.

The lume is just fantastic. It's soo bright, I have to put it in the drawer, because it illuminates my whole room at night. (that's after your eyes adjust of course) The polish was beautiful, and the fit & finish, is EXCELLENT. Way past what you would expect on watch this price.

The bezel is big and cocky, and has very precise clicks. The face/dial is easy to read in both day and night, and it also has a day/date window, which is very important to me.

The crystal is of hardlex, which I personally think is a perfect balance between scratch resistance and durability.

Guys, I couldn't have built a better watch myself, for even 3 times the price. This watch is a no brainer, and one should be in everyones collection.

The only problem I had, was when she got really fast on me. Which I sorted out, by letting it unwind, tapping it pretty good, then winding it back up again. I don't really pay attention to it's accuracy here, as I have no real way of determining, down to the second, just how accurate it is.

I can tell you, that I'm never late for anything though :)

So it's accurate enough. Besides, in my job, you do everything 15 minutes early, so it doesn't matter anyhow.

This watch isn't too big, or too heavy, and sits just perfect on the wrist of a guy who is a bit smaller than the average guy. So don't be afraid of the watches that are "too big for me" because this one isn't. It's a perfect size.

Never thought I'd say this, but it's as durable as my mudman... I can see the time both day and night, it's waterproof, and solid steel. It has a day and date as well. You can't ask for more. Especially at 135.

I have to say, even though I'm a very proud owner of a Corsair, this watch was EASILY the best money I have ever spent, as far as time keeping goes. These watches are simply amazing, and to spend anything more, for any other watch, would, I feel, be a rip off. This watch does it all, and can do it in jeans, or a suit.

(pictures to come, as for some reason, today, no pictures will load. Not only to this site, but on photobucket as well.)

Disclaimer.
None of the statements made here today are facts, but just my personal findings and opinions. Your mileage may vary.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts