The Watch Site banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would share this very simple modification. Ordered myself a new SKX171 from Creation Watches. Unfortunately when it arrived it had some marks on the side of the case :-(

Anyway after negotiating a refund of 15% and removing the marks with a bit if elbow grease I set about the simple updates I had planned for this already attractive variant?

First up I installed one of TheTigerUK's AR coated flat sapphire crystals. Great quality and fit as expected. Secondly I swapped the all metal 171 bezel for a new 007 bezel and insert.

Quite simple but what turns out to be a very fine looking combination and very 'stock' looking of course. Currently on leather/canvas gobo strap, but will look good on flat vent I think :)

Good lume too...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Having picked up a decent serviced but not perfect SKX007 I decided that I would give it some very gentle modifications to enhance this already classic dive watch.

Just a AR coated slightly domed sapphire crystal, a triple grip bezel and big pip insert. The case only fettled a little and lugs drilled.

This is now MY perfect 007 :)

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
Nice work and great watches - care to show how you drilled the lugs ??

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay.. Gotta know..

Who drills lugs? (exceedingly cool mod!)
Well it was kindly done by the exceedingly skilled TheTigerUK (of TST fame) so if you are interested best to PM John :)

It is very cool and handy if like me you like to change straps to bracelet etc. Especially with Seiko Fat Bars not being the easiest to remover. And for me I love to use shoulderless bars which without drilled lugs means they have to be cut to remove.

There's a guy in the US that does drilling to. Although I've not personally had any done by him his work looks good.

·
Special Member
5,298 Posts
Great mod! Where did you get the trip grip bezel? Are these just left over parts from awhile back? Are they still available?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Who drills lugs in the USA?

There's a guy in the US that does drilling to. Although I've not personally had any done by him his work looks good.
Can you tell us who in the USA will do the work, for drilled lugs?
I'm in the USA, and I'm interested in having that done to an SKX007

Thanks.

·
Special Member
1,944 Posts
Thumbs up for Steve855.....never had him drill lugs for me, but he did a fantastic job machining the text off of a handful of SKX casebacks for me!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm the guy in he referred to, I'll send you a PM.

Steve
Hey Steve,
I'm still interested, and I just tried to send you a PM, but the system says my post count is a couple posts shy of where I need to be in order for my response PM to go through to you. I'll solve that now, and send you a reply PM shortly.
By the way, I'm located in the same State as you, and I'm looking forward to getting the lugs drilled on at least one SKX007.
Thanks.
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Steve855, can you send me a PM?
I now have the watches ready for lug drilling.
I sent you a couple PM's recently, but I think you may not have seen them. Maybe give me an email address in the PM, so we can communicate that way.
Thanks.
Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts