The Watch Site banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Thought I would share this very simple modification. Ordered myself a new SKX171 from Creation Watches. Unfortunately when it arrived it had some marks on the side of the case :-(

Anyway after negotiating a refund of 15% and removing the marks with a bit if elbow grease I set about the simple updates I had planned for this already attractive variant?

First up I installed one of TheTigerUK's AR coated flat sapphire crystals. Great quality and fit as expected. Secondly I swapped the all metal 171 bezel for a new 007 bezel and insert.

Quite simple but what turns out to be a very fine looking combination and very 'stock' looking of course. Currently on leather/canvas gobo strap, but will look good on flat vent I think :)

Good lume too...

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Having picked up a decent serviced but not perfect SKX007 I decided that I would give it some very gentle modifications to enhance this already classic dive watch.

Just a AR coated slightly domed sapphire crystal, a triple grip bezel and big pip insert. The case only fettled a little and lugs drilled.

This is now MY perfect 007 :)

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Okay.. Gotta know..

Who drills lugs? (exceedingly cool mod!)
Well it was kindly done by the exceedingly skilled TheTigerUK (of TST fame) so if you are interested best to PM John :)

It is very cool and handy if like me you like to change straps to bracelet etc. Especially with Seiko Fat Bars not being the easiest to remover. And for me I love to use shoulderless bars which without drilled lugs means they have to be cut to remove.

There's a guy in the US that does drilling to. Although I've not personally had any done by him his work looks good.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm the guy in he referred to, I'll send you a PM.

Steve
Hey Steve,
I'm still interested, and I just tried to send you a PM, but the system says my post count is a couple posts shy of where I need to be in order for my response PM to go through to you. I'll solve that now, and send you a reply PM shortly.
By the way, I'm located in the same State as you, and I'm looking forward to getting the lugs drilled on at least one SKX007.
Thanks.
Dave

·
Registered
7 Posts
Steve855, can you send me a PM?
I now have the watches ready for lug drilling.
I sent you a couple PM's recently, but I think you may not have seen them. Maybe give me an email address in the PM, so we can communicate that way.
Thanks.
Dave

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.