The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who here is a fan of skeleton watches ? I didn't used to be but since I bought one I am starting to get intrigued by them . I posted the picture in another thread " Stuhrling Watch that I purchased "

·
Registered
326 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I do, and I have one skeleton - Citizen --- am looking at the Tissot Sqallette to acquire.

I just checked out the Tissot Sqallette watch. Nice and hand wind as well. I have never seen one before or heard of this model (Sqallette) . It is also much more expensive than the watch you have now.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I found a Lucerne diver in a jeweler's lot with a skeleton dial-very unusual-probably a made up watch-I don't have the watch anymore though

·
Registered
837 Posts
would have loved to see that. Most skeleton design are on the high cost side, except for open heart versions - which just shows a small window of the movement.

·
Registered
461 Posts
I wonder how hard it would be to turn a seiko movement into a skeleton movement?, plenty of pictures on the net to use as a guide for where to drill and file, mmmmmmmm got me thinking now, first i have to sjift a few projects that are ongoing before i start. Watch this space.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I wonder how hard it would be to turn a seiko movement into a skeleton movement?, plenty of pictures on the net to use as a guide for where to drill and file, mmmmmmmm got me thinking now, first i have to sjift a few projects that are ongoing before i start. Watch this space.
That would nice to see, and if you will have a step by step guide, we could try and follow you. :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
The simplest way i can think of doing it is to just drill out the bridges and plates leaving the jewels in place and then tidying everything up and polishing to a high sheen, sounds easy doesnt it, but thinking about it, using a dremel or similar in a pillar drill rig with small hs drill bits and a decent small vice to hold the job in I cant really see making the movement into a skeleton one to be that difficult ( he says with not one horological qualification to my name)
Well im a Barns wallis type of person and believe in shed inventions of this great country of ours so what the hell i can see this becoming a personal target now.

·
Registered
837 Posts
I tried to search for Seiko with Skeleton design, and what comes up is only theopen heart version. The full skeleton design is for Credor for the anniversary collection, which would be quite expensive and the really the same Seiko brand.

Maybe the closest to MOD for a skeleton would be the open heart version and remove the day - date wheel including the gears for them and cut-away the dial around the open hear to widen the skeleton effect. Other than that, the modification on the other parts would take some work, unless there is an exploded view of the movement available that could be used as a guide.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts