The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
30,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent this week sorting out my 6206s ready for a cull, new crystals on most and gaskets, love the Dolphin case backs and the full day windows especially the Kanji :)

The accuracy of this model is almost perfect !!

1963 through to 1967.

The 1966 and 1967 are both model #6206-8040.

The 1964 and 1965 are both model #6206-8990

The "Gold" is a model 6206-8080 (Cuckoo)

The 1963 is model # J13044E 20 jewel, the others are all 26.

Got to sort out bracelets or straps for the ones i'm keeping but can't decide which way to go, BORs would be nice but not many about at reasonable prices, leather would be a cheap option but.........

In general pretty impressive for a model 50 year old :)

ps: Love the "Gold" movements :)

·
Craftsman
3,724 Posts
Very nice John.

You realize your just an Enabler causing us to start collecting yet another series of Seiko's...........

·
Registered
473 Posts
Very nice John.

You realize your just an Enabler
Haha, indeed, I have one of the 6206 models, exactly like the top right, but the minute track is ruined.
Wonderful movement in it, actually replace the rotor bearing itself, not the complete plate. Sounds smoothest of all my automatics.
Nice collection John, as always, everything immaculate.
Regards, David

·
Craftsman
2,114 Posts
I've been a fan of these for years and have about half a dozen myself John. The 62xx calibre is my favourite Seiko movement, powering everything from the World Time through the 62mas's right up to and including the GS's.

Here's my 6218-8971

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I picked up a 1965 weekdater about a month ago. I had never noticed them before. it was a nice eBay score for $30 bucks. Once it arrived I fell in love with the design also. I love the full day display and just like you I also like the gold anodized movement. The overlay on the inner minute track bezel is starting to come loose but other than that she is going to make a great restoration project. I can definitely see some more weekdater models finding their way into my collection.

Michael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts