The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Another great find, Thian. Sinn's got lots of history, including membership in the very select spacewatches club. Congratulations.

·
Special Member
4,537 Posts
Not bad Thian. . . the bracelet, I mean.
The watch looks superb!! First time I've seen you post it. I also don't know much about this watch, or Sinn watches in general, but every time I see this model it makes me want one. But, haven't got around to research it, so I'll start with you; Other than it's good looks, what else made you go after this one and, can you share what you like about it now. TIA!

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Another great find, Thian. Sinn's got lots of history, including membership in the very select spacewatches club. Congratulations.
Thanks. I picked up 2 low end watches lately and traded my Omega Moonwatch for the SINN. :grin:
This will likely be my one and only SINN.

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not bad Thian. . . the bracelet, I mean.
The watch looks superb!! First time I've seen you post it. I also don't know much about this watch, or Sinn watches in general, but every time I see this model it makes me want one. But, haven't got around to research it, so I'll start with you; Other than it's good looks, what else made you go after this one and, can you share what you like about it now. TIA!
The SINN was just a dream until a fellow in New York decided to trade. I mentioned my Omega Moonwatch was not getting wrist time. He preferred vintage stuff now so we traded.

I was kinda fascinated with German watches and have 3 Tutimas. Of course the SINNs are priced up there with the Omegas. I mainly focused on Omegas. The fellow posted his SINN 103 titanium TESTAF on bracelet and OEM black leather with orange stitching. Handsome looking chrono and I like titanium ( have the Omega X-33). TESTAF I knew nothing about so read up on this German pilot watch test created in Germany in 2012.

I have other chronos - Seiko, Tutima Military, the new Bulova Moonwatch , Omega Polaris. The specs are what amazed me. One is the ability to function in temperatures from -40C to +80C! The watch is rated 200m. The movement is a modified Valjoux 7750. TESTAF certified watches are resistant to liquids around airplanes (gas, oil, etc). This model contains SINN's Argon capsule technology. A small sapphire window in one of the lugs shows the moisture content by revealing shades of the color blue. Light blue, as it is now, means little or no moisture to fog the crystal. Dark blue means the argon gas capsule has absorbed it limit and is due for replacement.

The caseback is seethru with sapphire glass, as is the front crystal. The SINN kit included the Ti bracelet and the high quality leather strap. The color scheme of the TESTAF watches - SINN has 3 models black dial with orange minute hand etc- is quite distinctive (part of the reason for using orange is visibility. The lume is equal to Seiko's and the TESTAF watch must be legible in darkness (in case cockpit power malfunctions and all gauges are out)

Of course I am not a pilot, just a watch freek like the rest of you guys! The fact that I graduated in German Studies from a Canadian university waaaay back in 1970 might give a vague hint at my appreciation for things German. (my brother-in-law is German:) )
Here is the watch on a coastguard Orange zulu....
high lume by blingmeister, on Flickr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts