The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious if anyone has the ability to do a true side-by-side photographic comparison of these two watches? I'm sure it's been done - anyone have a link?

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I'd like to see that, too. Someone please send me your 6159-7000 so I can photograph it along side my 8L35-0010 (joking).

:))

If I'm remembering correctly, Randall Benson has owned both, but I don't know if he had them both at the same time. I'll search his forum later and see what I can find.

I wonder why Seiko didn't reuse the 6159-7000 case for the 8L35-0010.

Myles

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ha!

Found one, but it took some searching - and naturally it was on the old site (see link below - all pictures from that link). I have to say that side-by-side the 6159 wins. The simpler case design, the smaller and more classic bezel, the less busy dial text, the applied Seiko logo..

Ok, what then about a side-by-side comparison of the two movements in terms of quality, build, longevity?

http://www.network54.com/Forum/78440/message/1027813058/OK+Guys%2C+the+Big%2C+the+Bad%2C+the+incredibly+HUGE%2C+MARINE+MASTER

All pictures from that post

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
It appears as though the cases are roughly the same size. The 8L35-0010's beefier rotating ring and 20 mm lug spacing make it appear larger. It's a shame Seiko didn't reuse the case. If they did, my reproduction waffle strap would fit perfectly.

;)

Myles

1 - 4 of 4 Posts