695 Posts
Awesome Bells! Thanks for sharing.

Serdal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Beautiful condition, looks like new!
Thanks. I wouldn't call it NOS, but it's in pretty good condition.

The coffin bracelet has some stretch and the clasp pins are pretty frozen, so I can't do any micro-adjustment. I was able to remove a link pretty easily and fit it to my wrist. Maybe one day I'll replace the clasp. The end-links are slightly tweaked as well, but overall the bracelet fits pretty good...

Here's the case-back. I was wondering if this is probably an original case-back?

·
Registered
123 Posts
4006-7010 Business Bell ...dark dial

Dear Hermann, my friend, I think we need to update the list of Bell-matic rarity....

Soon, i hope, we'll talk about it in a special post

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Absolutely fantastic and very interesting & special indeed :)

Many thanks for sharing & looking forward to more info.

Best
H

·
Registered
215 Posts
That's fantastic, congratulations on the new watch. I've only seen pictures of three other dolphin back '66 models. I think TheTigerUK had one, our Moderator had one, and I did see one sell on ebay some years ago. From memory it went for ~US$1200. The experts felt that was way over priced but I felt it was market rate back then because it had around 50 bids from loads of different people and was over $1100 with an hour to go. It would be hard to guess a value now because there is such a lot of frankens being sold as "rare and all original", for ridiculous money. You'd need to be very brave, or know your Bells, to spend a lot of money on one now.

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
That's fantastic, congratulations on the new watch. I've only seen pictures of three other dolphin back '66 models. I think TheTigerUK had one, our Moderator had one, and I did see one sell on ebay some years ago. From memory it went for ~US$1200. The experts felt that was way over priced but I felt it was market rate back then because it had around 50 bids from loads of different people and was over $1100 with an hour to go. It would be hard to guess a value now because there is such a lot of frankens being sold as "rare and all original", for ridiculous money. You'd need to be very brave, or know your Bells, to spend a lot of money on one now.
Thanks - excited to add it to the collection.

Sounds like I got a deal on this one - it was ~$700, and it's not perfect but AFAIK it's all original/untouched.

·
Registered
215 Posts
21 - 32 of 32 Posts