The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all with the belt post earlier i've been wondering what wonderful other Seiko goodies have we all collected? I know there is an awesome yellow digital clock floating around.

I have a guitar tuner somewhere....

and my "new" Seiko 9N401 R Japan LR1 Seiko flip clock :) A bit rough but I grew up with flip clocks at home when they were a part of compact timekeeping. I miss them...

I love it :)

20141006_112740.jpg

I tend to look for the Seiko moniker when I can.

So what has everyone collected?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Terrible photo, yes. But It's the only one I got and the clock is currently being serviced ...

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Here are some of the ones that I have.

First is a National Portalarm Radio. This folds down to a small portable radio and can be set to turn on and off to the alarm in the Seiko watch on the left side.

Next is a small Citizen 200-3301 tie clip.

This transistor Seiko world time clock (QZ877B) has a great sweep and movement and I know quite a few forum members have one.

The worlds first talking alarm clock was released by Seiko in 1984 and had an usual pyramid design. If you press the gold section at the top it reads aloud the time. The base of the clock has a small digital readout to make it easier to set the time and alarm.

This small LCD clock was a product out of the Power Design Project from a few years ago, I like the clean and easy to read display.

It is not a Seiko or Citizen but this Casio clock is clearly inspired by the G-Shock series.

This is a relatively new Sports Timer QHL062Y that is obviously modelled after the professional sports timers that Seiko is also known for.

Next is a 3 minute hour glass timer that I purchased from the Seiko Museum in Japan when I first visited. The contents are small spheres of the same material that is used for the manufacture of Seiko watch cases.

Lastly is a commemorative clock that was released for the opening of the Tokyo Skytree. This was a limited edition of 300 units and was presented to me by the Seiko Museum director when I visited for the first time.

I have a couple of other small clocks but do not have photos of them at the moment.

·
Registered
931 Posts
How big is the Vostok ?
Rear Dia. 81/2" x Front Dia. 6 1/2 " x 3 1/2" High..Keyed Hinged front face , Keyworks at 6 o'clock , Submarine, Red Star , Anchor , Bostock "B" initial , and Russian writing above center ...all on the face . NOS with instruction paper printed in Russian and English , Serial # 1648/5000 , Manufacture Date 18 ,VII , 1994 , Hand Stamped and accepted by Inspector , and Kinda Heavy . I saw it at the swap meet and asked the price...$75.00 . I chatted with the seller and told him I had a Vostoc divers watch and $64.00 in my wallet . He liked the fact that I appreciated time pieces so he let me have it for what I had in my wallet....real nice guy . He regularly picks my brain on timepieces now,...especially about his Dad's RailRoad Watch .

·
Administrator
30,651 Posts
Rear Dia. 81/2" x Front Dia. 6 1/2 " x 3 1/2" High..Keyed Hinged front face , Keyworks at 6 o'clock , Submarine, Red Star , Anchor , Bostock "B" initial , and Russian writing above center ...all on the face . NOS with instruction paper printed in Russian and English , Serial # 1648/5000 , Manufacture Date 18 ,VII , 1994 , Hand Stamped and accepted by Inspector , and Kinda Heavy . I saw it at the swap meet and asked the price...$75.00 . I chatted with the seller and told him I had a Vostoc divers watch and $64.00 in my wallet . He liked the fact that I appreciated time pieces so he let me have it for what I had in my wallet....real nice guy . He regularly picks my brain on timepieces now,...especially about his Dad's RailRoad Watch .

Thanks, looks good, i thought it was smaller.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awesome collections. Keep them coming! Such interesting pieces and stories.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Well, a recent thread finally got me to create a spreadsheet of my collection, and I count 52 things that are listed in the "type" column under something other than "wristwatch." So I can't help taking advantage with a self-indulgent post. I picked my favorite of each of the categories - advert, article, catalogs, clock (desk), clock (wall), jewelery, pocketwatch, radio, stopwatch, swag, and tool. Forgive me for all the pics - glad to finally have a use for my spreadsheet and photos!

This very 60's "Gent's Watch" advert including a few of our favs...

This rather ratty copy of Time magazine that includes a detailed piece about Seiko "coming of age" on the world stage during the 1964 Tokyo Olympics.

This "automation age" catalog is pretty awesome.

Desk clock would be a tie (I'm cheating) between the '64 olympic alarm clock.

And this roughly contemporaneous crystal chronometer.

Wall clock is this lovely Seikosha schoolhouse style clock I picked up years ago from a goodwill.

Jewelery is the same tie clip Akable posted (and thanks for your interesting and thorough separate thread about it).

Pocket goes to this beautiful Seikosha Right with a triple-sunk porcelain dial.

Radio goes to this Toshiba/Seiko combo (love these things, and they go so cheaply!).

Stop was a close call, but I went with my Seikosha phonotelemeter.

And for swag, they're not all that rare, but I just love the Pogue playing cards that seem to come up everyone once in a while.

Cheers and if you read this all, thanks for sticking with me! Love these posts.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Terrible photo, yes. But It's the only one I got and the clock is currently being serviced ...

I think it doesn't work because you hung it upside down :)

1 - 20 of 37 Posts