The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You're stranded on that famous desert island. No chance of rescue and in survival mode. You probably don't need a watch, but maybe you do. Let's see that watch that is going to survive the elements, be fairly dependable so you can keep track of time and days and provide you a little comfort while sitting around your campfire at night eating the day's catch from the lagoon. We'll allow you a second watch because we all travel with at least one spare.

I'm not a diver watch guy like many of you are, however of all my watches, my divers rank up there. I'd be wearing one and have a second packed away in my gear when I wash up ashore.

Seiko SBDC051 + Uncle Seiko Tropic
Seiko SRP779 + Uncle Seiko Waffle

·
Registered
85 Posts
Oooooh! I DO like these challenges :)

This would be my pair. Neither need a battery, both are waterproof, shock resistant and can be read in the dark. I’d keep this strap combo too so both can suffer getting wet with no risk to the strap either.

The SKX is actually remarkably accurate, it runs at a gain of only about +3sec a day so no worries there. The GShock has a few additional features that might be useful from time to time. I’d probably wear both at the same time, pulling a Schwarzkopf so to speak.

Keep safe, both on and off your desert island,

C

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oooooh! I DO like these challenges :)

View attachment 449248

This would be my pair. Neither need a battery, both are waterproof, shock resistant and can be read in the dark. I’d keep this strap combo too so both can suffer getting wet with no risk to the strap either.

The SKX is actually remarkably accurate, it runs at a gain of only about +3sec a day so no worries there. The GShock has a few additional features that might be useful from time to time. I’d probably wear both at the same time, pulling a Schwarzkopf so to speak.

Keep safe, both on and off your desert island,

C
Outstanding and great call on the solar model.

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
good call on the solar powered watches ... I'd miss the sound of the rotor on the automatics - evening entertainment!
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Practicality is going to win out for my desert island watch choice over something nice to look at, or something that’d make me nostalgic for non-island times: I’d go with my Casio PRW3100. Solar, 100M water, ABC functions, compact size (smallest ABC I’ve ever owned), and radio time sync. I suppose knowing whether or not my watch synced to a time signal overnight would help me whittle down the options for where in the world I may be lost!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
Cmon guys...

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cmon guys...

They won't be out searching for you. There will be a bounty on the watch. Better hope you're still attached to it!

·
Registered
5,749 Posts
Assuming this desert island does not have cell service for my smartphone meaning I can't post to the WRUW thread......

Solar powered atomic radio syncing, alarm/timer, tough as nails and lightweight, water resistant beyond my wildest needs, lume at night, everyhing rolled into one, I;m going with my G-Shock:

·
Premium Member
9,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Assuming this desert island does not have cell service for my smartphone meaning I can't post to the WRUW thread......

Solar powered atomic radio syncing, alarm/timer, tough as nails and lightweight, water resistant beyond my wildest needs, lume at night, everyhing rolled into one, I;m going with my G-Shock:
View attachment 449259
I have a couple G-Shocks that are disappointed they weren't chosen ...
nice one.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts

They won't be out searching for you. There will be a bounty on the watch. Better hope you're still attached to it!
Hahahaha! Like the scene in Dr. Strange when they beat him up for his JLC. Those blasted things are a fortune new but lose a lot of value used.

Gilligan! Drop those coconuts.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I'd pick a solar/kinetic and an automatic.

It's a tropical island so I'd want breathable straps and stronk springbars to suit.

First choice.. Ecozilla on Screwed Bar adapters and an NY0040.

Seiko choice (heh): a BFK and an SKX/Turtle.

If I was more cleverer/sensible it'd be a solar g-shock and.. another casio.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts