The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks! You may recall my question regarding the WZ0091el and the SARB045.....I love both of them but decided to go first with the Orient WZ0091el....dont know why ::)

BUT I am not sure as to how the blue would be similar to the Orient Deep in blue which I own already....Does someone have a picture with both of them?

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Re: Show me your blues: Orient Star WZ0091el versus Orient Deep....similar?

By Orient Deep I think you mean what is also called the Orient Mako, correct? Model CEM65005D. I've seen some folks in Europe use the nickname "Deep" before.

I've had a blue Mako although I have not seen the Orient Star in person. Judging from the pictures the Orient Star looks to have more of a satin and sunburst look as compared to the Mako which I considered glossy and more of an electric look...ie the reflection of light is more of a crisp line rather than a more diffused one on the Orient Star. JMHO. I imagine the dial will change with different light sources.

Picts pulled off the internet.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

Axel66 said:
In fact, it has been marketed as "Deep" over here.

Cheers,

Axel
Interesting.

I think I was reading on Sjor's G Shock page that Casio Europe specifically gives each model a nickname of their own choosing. I wonder if this is the same with Orient or is "Deep" a forum nickname just like "Mako" that the marketing groups have just adopted.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Yeah Deep = Mako .... good that it is the official branding for EUrope....I thought it would have been www.uhrforum.de slang, axel :) ANd CONGRATS to your 500s post right now!!!!!

Thanks for the evaluation of the blues....electrcit blue....I think that is a crisp description of the "Mako" blue....anyway some pics of both under the same light would be just perfect
Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts