The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have this 6309-7040 which has some "wabi" on the dial which seems to be darkening a little more since this picture was taken. So I am considering a relume perhaps in a vintage cream - I think Duncan (Cannop) showed one a little while ago. I also have a set of original hands to relume with it.

So the question is should I take the plunge or is this an irreversable sacrilige?!

Mark

·
Registered
169 Posts

I had mine relumed by James Hyman via Duncan (Cannop) and feel very happy with the quality it was done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have a couple of 6105's relumed by James, so that is where it would go if I make the leap!

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
well i love all original..but if you like lume..i would do it...it is all personal preference...it looks great just like it is...

·
2,237 Posts
I think it looks fine at the moment and matches the overall condition of the hands and insert.

If anything I think that the bracelet is wrong! Looks just too shiny and modern for the rest of the watch........sorry I digressed :(

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Oh...i love the bracelet...very comfortable

·
Special Member
27,731 Posts
If you relume...Find a perfect bezel...Or Leave it as is.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I would say no.

In my view unless the Lume is damaged I would leave as is.
I think the 6105 is a different case with the Lume reaction to the markers issue.
You will never get a 6309 re Lume as good as seiko intended.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Personally, I'd vote no. It's not bad and it matches the condition of the hands and bezel insert.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
I would say it would be about ....." Originality or just Sales again ".
I have these and do not intend to change them at all.
They are going to stay like they are , but if it is all rotted out then I might redo them.
If you don't like the looks try ....A/M ..... just to use the watch.
But keep the originals good. I have found out ....
" Leaving then exposed to Sun Light " , makes them eccelerate in gaining.
Sun light has a big effect on older dials.

·
Ultimate Collector
3,244 Posts
Tricky one this... In the old lume will clean then leave it. But otherwise I'd be tempted to relume with diminished lume.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts