The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hello folks,

Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but I bought another watch. And even worse, it is a model of which I already have more than one example. :confused:

Hoarding? I prefer to think of it as madly in love. Also this one is going to be sent out for modification, so that's a different story isn't it? :eek:hmy: Well, isn't it??

Anyhow, this watch came up for sale on the Watchuseek forum, at a very good price, late last Sunday night, and thanks to Watch Recon, I spotted it and was able to make the first offer.

Here is the box that came in the mail late the same week:

Click for Big Image

And inside, a Seiko Watch box. Did you guess it was a Seiko? ;) Good for you!

Click for Big Image

Inside the white Seiko box is a strange Seiko watch box, I am pretty sure it is not the original box for this watch, but at least it is a watch box. :rolleyes:

Click for Big Image

Okay, lets open it up and see what I've got!

Oh drat, it's stuck! I hate that! :mad: Hold on, I have some tools handy...

Click for Big Image

Yes, it is the Seiko SRP043K, affectionately know as the Spork. HELLAcalvin had this up for sale at a very attractive price, and I just could not resist owning another one of these iconic watches. Let's get a closer look, okay?

Click for Big Image

The watch is is fantastic condition, almost "like new in box". It even still has the blue sticker on the back. Pardon the dust, but except for a couple of very light marks where the links rub the bracelet clasp, it is in perfect condition.

Click for Big Image

Here it is with two links added back, and set to the correct date and time. What a beauty. I plan to send this one out to Dr. Seiko like I did another one I one and have it transformed into a "Super Spork" with a 6R15 movement, sapphire crystal and a Sinn style second hand.

Click for Big Image

Here is my collection of Sporks. From the left, in order of purchase:

1) My original Spork, my beater. I wore this every day for more than 2 years after I first got it. It was One Watch Nirvana. (I have sense recovered.)

2) My second purchase, over two years ago, which I finally sent to Dr. Seiko to be made into a Super Spork. Notice the 6R15 movement, sapphire crystal and Sinn style second hand! :) It is so precious to me, I have not adjusted the bracelet or worn it! :eek:

3) A purchase from Duarte of NEWW, at a very good price. In excellent condition except for a small mark (fully disclosed) on the crystal. I have bracelet for it, and a sapphire crystal, but they have not been installed.

4) My latest, from Calvin. Destined to be another Super Spork. I already have two 6R15 movements, along with some new bezels sapphire crystals and bracelets in the mail from Ron at monsterwatches in the Netherlands. :cool:

Click for Big Image

Well, that's the show. Sorry to be hogging so many Sporks from you guys, but love does strange things to a fella! :p

Thanks for looking!

- Thomas

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Always nice to hear when .........
" Someone has gone down again ". :s_laugh:
Its a well known thing to hear " That's Good News " ,spoken off daily
and that calls for a celebration to come about.:singing:
When it is shocking :bravo_2: that means it took the wallet to a
very hard plunge, but it can re-filled soon.:57:
Welcome to the Club Sir.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've sold, over the years, my MM300 and 5 Samurais. I currently have a SBBN007 Tuna and a couple Stargates. Will I have them forever? Who knows. But I can't imagine a scenario where I sell my Spork. It has both the weight and readability I like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts