The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Special Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wanting to ship a watch in its box there.
USPS priority, tracking with $200 insured: $44 seems high.
I’ve sent items to Thailand for less, does anyone know of better options?
Tia!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29,013 Posts
Might be one source to explore:

Reactions: Reynaldo

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
As a Canuck, I've always ask the seller if they can ship standard USPS shipping with tracking because I'm not usually in a rush. Admittedly, during these exceptional times, there have been some delays but I just don't know if USPS priority would be any faster. Perhaps run it by the buyer?

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
That must be a heavy watch box, Ray. Are you shipping USPS Priority Flat Rate Box, or your own box? The flat rate ones seem to assume the worst for shipping weight, and are much more expensive internationally. Also, as per Russ' note above - I shipped two packages to Canada last month and the USPS First Class International arrived in Vancouver before the USPS Priority arrived in Toronto!

·
Special Member
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That must be a heavy watch box, Ray. Are you shipping USPS Priority Flat Rate Box, or your own box? The flat rate ones seem to assume the worst for shipping weight, and are much more expensive internationally. Also, as per Russ' note above - I shipped two packages to Canada last month and the USPS First Class International arrived in Vancouver before the USPS Priority arrived in Toronto!
Thanks T!
Its just a standard 3.75”x5” seiko box for the srpb97 inside my own 5”x6” box. weights right at 1lb.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Thanks T!
Its just a standard 3.75”x5” seiko box for the srpb97 inside my own 5”x6” box. weights right at 1lb.

sign up for a free pirateship.com account i just tried to make a package to british columbia, $200 value 1 lb 5x6x6 box like yours, and international first class is about $20. Priority is $35

1 - 9 of 9 Posts