The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And Im thrilled!!!

A few months ago I sent off one of my Bells to Ken at About Time Watch Restorations to be gone through. This week she has come home. If you're looking for someone in the US to do your vintage watch I cannot recommend Ken at http://abouttimewatches.com/ enough. In fact after receiving this I have turned around and sent the beaten 27j Bell to him to see if its worth saving.

Ive posted both a picture and a copy of the invoice to give you guys an idea of what it costs to do a basic resto on one of our watches.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
VERY nice.

While a prefer open lugs by far, I must say that the dial and handset of the 6070 case line are some of the finest in the whole Bell-matic line up.

Very nice outcome for a VERY fair price IMO, congrats and enjoy!

Best
Hermann

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
qu4ttro- W*O*W ! You must have burst out into a huge smile when you un wrapped that baby, who wouldn't ? You must be proud, go ahead, it's OK !

·
Registered
774 Posts
I thought Ken had given the restoration industry away. I had a 6309 and a 6105 done by him several years ago and was very pleased with the results. Glad to see his excellent work is still to be had.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's a beauty!

I'm convinced I need a Bell in my collection, too...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought Ken had given the restoration industry away. I had a 6309 and a 6105 done by him several years ago and was very pleased with the results. Glad to see his excellent work is still to be had.
He closed his Atlanta, GA store and only has the one in Jacksonville, FL now.

·
Registered
774 Posts
He closed his Atlanta, GA store and only has the one in Jacksonville, FL now.
Good to know he's still going. He did R & R in my home town (in Australia) when he was serving in Viet Nam all those years ago. Bit of obscure info there. Does a nice rebuild.

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Congratz! Sweet looking timepiece. Nice to see it retored. I have yet to use Ken, but I've only heard great things about him.

·
Registered
501 Posts
You are lucky you got it back in that condition. Ken is hit or miss it seems on what watches he wants to work on and the kind of work he does. If don't believe me then do a google search. You would be foolish these days unless you like to gamble to use ken for anything.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts