The Watch Site banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Craftsman
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently acquired a Shark 6105 homage case + bezel for a project. I know it was built with an NH35 movement so I assume a 7S26, 7S36, or 4R36 movement might work. Does anyone have an info on parts interchangeability. I also know a 31.5 x 38mm bezel insert will fit. What I'm unsure of is which crown + stem it uses and which crystal, crystal gasket, and chapter ring it uses.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,075 Posts
It might be worth investigating the Smiths PRS68, I'm wondering if the Shark case is a knock off, or even made for Shark by Smiths (Timefactors). Is Shark Chinese (Hong Kong)?
The PRS 68 case dimensions are given here, about 2/3rds down the page.
http://www.timefactors.com/smiths.htm
Do the dimensions of the Shark case match?

And now I'm really peed off, as ive just seen the PRS 38 "Black Shadow"
My grail bike, and I so want the watch. Now how do I draw £445 from the bank account without Mrs Biggin noticing?

·
Craftsman
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It might be worth investigating the Smiths PRS68, I'm wondering if the Shark case is a knock off, or even made for Shark by Smiths (Timefactors). Is Shark Chinese (Hong Kong)?
The PRS 68 case dimensions are given here, about 2/3rds down the page.
http://www.timefactors.com/smiths.htm
Do the dimensions of the Shark case match?

My grail bike, and I so want the watch. Now how do I draw £445 from the bank account without Mrs Biggin noticing?
Thanks for the info on the Smith's homage. I had seen that previously and compared it to the case I have. The specs are different and there's no info on the crown tube.

·
Craftsman
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How did you manage to get just the case and bezel ? I looked into this myself Without much luck…
Checked on one of my daily searches and there it was..........:)

·
Registered
616 Posts
The smiths prs68 was a completely different case and as far as I know unique since it used a Seiko style bezel with a click ball and was fitted with a miyota 9015. Also its long since sold out.

The sharky takes the 32mm crystals, 6309 6105 etc, crown placement is odd on the sharky and I haven't had the dial off of mine so I don't know how the dial feet and date window alignment is achieved.

·
Craftsman
4,267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your input.

The standard 32mm 6105-6309-7548 crystals won't work on this case due to no crystal retaining ring. It's more like the SKX + SRP77x set up where the crystal is pressed into the gasket for retension.

·
Registered
371 Posts
My grail bike, and I so want the watch.
At college in the 70's I worked at a somewhat infamous bike/race shop in Berkeley called TT Motors. We had Vincents, Broughs, Gileras, MV's, Norvins, Tritons, Scotts, Velocettes and even weirder stuff floating through all the time. While Vincents are undoubtedly cool they are sort of terrifying to actually ride. The sound and the long pull through the gears sucks you in, then inevitably you have to turn or slow down and it's suddenly much less fun ;)

·
Registered
616 Posts
Thanks for your input.

The standard 32mm 6105-6309-7548 crystals won't work on this case due to no crystal retaining ring. It's more like the SKX + SRP77x set up where the crystal is pressed into the gasket for retension.

Of course they work silly, you just have to shoo the "you can't do that" trolls away from your workbench and press it in just like any other crystal...:rolleyes: but you will need an iform gasket if your case set doesn't have one...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Of course they work silly, you just have to shoo the "you can't do that" trolls away from your workbench and press it in just like any other crystal...:rolleyes: but you will need an iform gasket if your case set doesn't have one...

Forgive the resurrection of the post because this is exactly the data I am looking for: Can the standard 6105 crystals actually work here or is there a reason they can't be pressed in as suggested? And what is an 'iform gasket'?

·
Administrator
34,624 Posts
Have you measured the Homage crystal and confirmed it is the same size as the original 6105 crystal ?

Forgive the resurrection of the post because this is exactly the data I am looking for: Can the standard 6105 crystals actually work here or is there a reason they can't be pressed in as suggested? And what is an 'iform gasket'?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts