The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, on putting the setting lever and clutch wheel etc back together, what position should it be in before reinserting the stem, ie so the stem is all the way out or partially out. I think I've answered my own question whist typing this up, but any input is always greatfuly recieved

·
Registered
844 Posts
It depends on the movement. Most should be in the winding position...others must be in the quickset position or set position to provide access to the part of the set lever which must be depressed to release the stem. When qs or set position is required, you have to be careful when reinserting...if the square post on the stem is not aligned with the square key in the sliding pinion, you may reposition the yoke/keyless works so that the stem will not fully seat and lock or other parts are mal-positioned, which will require pulling the dial side down to the setting parts to correct.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Many thanks for the reply bench guy, most helpful, I'm working on both a 6105b and a couple of cheap chinese autos (reps) shhhhhh don't tell anyone ok, I know some people get the hump about them but hey each to their own, gotta say them chinese can't half build a good 28,800 bph movement, sweet sweeps on them nowadays, anyway I digress back to my gen seikos etc, thanks again mate for the info

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All sorted guys thanks, lets just say its a good job I took pictures of the movement on the first strip, my 6105 is now back together, just minus the crown at the moment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts