The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I was cleaning up my drawers. You know, those drawers that are full of watch parts, bands, even cleaning cloth and batteries (who knows if they are good or not). And I found some goodies. 3 7Axx watches, one 6139, and one 7015..

I guess I went cheap in the early days. So, not any of these watches were fully functional at the time I bought them (I think). So if I want to wear them, I would have to have them serviced/fixed somehow.

Can you guys recommend the goto guy in USA for these Seiko chronos? Thanks. Or, if you want to do the work for me, please PM me. Thanks.

Vincent

·
Administrator
33,229 Posts
Just out of interest Vincent what 7As did you find ? :)

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well there are many great people right here on the forum...Seiko Psycho Tom is excellent and very knowledgeable with the 6139's.....he is here in the USA..and you always have Spencer Klein too ...he can fix just about anything....any pics of the watches?...God Bless John

·
Administrator
33,229 Posts
John,

2 7A38's and 1 7A28.

Like in this:

Thanks for allowing me to show.

Vincent
No thank you for showing them Vincent :)

Nice 7As, the gold one is quite "pretty" I like it :)

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good choice. I like the gold one too.

The white part of the bezel is covered with glass, making it sort of like ceramic feel. Good stuff.

The chrono is working on this one, partially. Big center hand moves per second, the 1/100 hand moves one loop, and rest for a loop, then moves a loop, etc.... Regular time is not moving.

The black on, sporty look one, has the 3 center hands frozen together.

I guess I will contact Spencer first and see what he thinks. I guess whoever got the job will have a field day. Haha!!

Thanks all.

Vincent

·
Registered
931 Posts
Nice watches . While it is difficult to describe and diagnose the particular function problems with these watches I recently was able to get a 7Axx and a 7Txx sorted out by cleaning the cases to free the push buttons so that they could retract properly. One was stuck in therefore keeping the contact depressed , and another was so full of DNA and dirt that it kinda felt like it was being depressed but the junk did not allow full travel to the contact on the movement. Another watch movement was installed so that the contact lever was some how on top of the push button and pushing the button did not do any thing .
The 1/100 hand almost sounds like it is stuck in the self test mode which is explained in the user manual .
Good luck and hope that you can get these beauties sorted out .

·
Registered
Cognoscente (of 15J quartz chronographs)
1,269 Posts
The white part of the bezel is covered with glass, making it sort of like ceramic feel.
It's not glass - it's acrylic resin, same as on the 7A38-6020 and 7A38-7050 / -705A bezels.
It can crack, if you're not careful when you pry off the bezel (say to change a crystal).

The chrono is working on this one, partially. Big center hand moves per second, the 1/10 hand moves one loop, and rest for a loop, then moves a loop, etc.... Regular time is not moving.
That is one of the visible symptoms of a low battery (when you're running the chrono' function). The usual low battery indicator is the '2 second tick'. It's odd that the time isn't moving and there's still enough energy left in the cell to run the chrono'. Might just be worth trying a new battery in it first, before sending it away.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I learn one thing or two everyday. This is it. Thanks.

I will try to get some fresh batteries before I do naything. Thanks for the advice.

This gold one is cute, right? John said it is "pretty", which actually catches the scent of the watch. In other words, it feels rather not "manly" at all.

Vincent

It's not glass - it's acrylic resin, same as on the 7A38-6020 and 7A38-7050 / -705A bezels.
It can crack, if you're not careful when you pry off the bezel (say to change a crystal).

That is one of the visible symptoms of a low battery (when you're running the chrono' function). The usual low battery indicator is the '2 second tick'. It's odd that the time isn't moving and there's still enough energy left in the cell to run the chrono'. Might just be worth trying a new battery in it first, before sending it away.

·
Krusty Olde Pharte
4,745 Posts
Thanks for that. You just provided the impetus needed for me to change the batteries in a couple of wonky 7A38s. All better now. :clap:

·
Registered
Cognoscente (of 15J quartz chronographs)
1,269 Posts
This gold one is cute, right? John said it is "pretty", which actually catches the scent of the watch. In other words, it feels rather not "manly" at all.
7A38-6109 SAA114J - a US Market (only) model.

My personal opinion is it's too blingy, in a typical Yank way, though the white dial is quite attractive. With the current trend for women wearing men's watches, I guess it wouldn't look too out of place on a woman's wrist.
Pity Seiko never did it in stainless with a black dial. :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts