The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I have two Seiko LM Specials and I would like to service them. Its hard to find a good watchmaker in India so I'm looking to service them myself. I would like to know if its possible for an amateur like me to do it by reading just the Seiko manual.
Thanks!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hello Vinayj,
I also have a LM that I is on .y workbench waiting for me to dive in. It is a 5606.... Not really sure about the differences between the 5206 and the 5606 but I found this article really complete and I am sure it will be very helpful once I find the time to service mine.

https://adventuresinamateurwatchfet...5/flawed-genius-a-seiko-lord-matic-5606-8010/

Good reading and hope you'll find the way ....
David

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
You will need a special too to be able to get the rotor off. It wont be easy at all and i wouldnt advise you to leave the movement alone if you are not 100% sure you can do it.

·
Registered
812 Posts
Hello Vinayj,
I also have a LM that I is on .y workbench waiting for me to dive in. It is a 5606.... Not really sure about the differences between the 5206 and the 5606 but I found this article really complete and I am sure it will be very helpful once I find the time to service mine.
5206 and 5606 are totally different movements.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am going to make a post on them very soon. The thing is, they work well but one?s a little slow but I think I?m going to be reading a little more and possibly look for some help. Thanks for the answers!

·
Registered
2,305 Posts
Maybe try regulating the movement. You may get some decent numbers again. When it is not more than a couple of minutes daily it should be regulatable.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts