The Watch Site banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Tiger, If the subject is a 6309 diver, I stand by my position that you're not going to get as much for an NOS dial as a whole watch (unless of course said comparative watch is a ship wreck.)

And your offer to me on my NOS dial today proved that.
:eek:hmy:

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
If the subject is a 6309 diver, I stand by my position that you're not going to get as much for an NOS dial as a whole watch (unless of course said comparative watch is a ship wreck.)

I would have to assume your talking to John??

You did pretty well on the one you sold Jon. At least the waters have been tested and I didn't even have to get my feet wet.........:)

·
Administrator
29,796 Posts
Tiger, If the subject is a 6309 diver, I stand by my position that you're not going to get as much for an NOS dial as a whole watch (unless of course said comparative watch is a ship wreck.)

:eek:hmy:
Well if you sold it for $200 Jon as you hoped for then I bet theres a few guys on here who have bought whole 6309s for that amount or less this year ?

I started the bidding at $100 and i've bought a few 6309 dogs for less than that which often needed a dial, NOS one even :)

·
Registered
6,071 Posts
Well, any 6309 selling under $200 is a special case, i.e. not in good shape somehow.

Anyway not to beat a dead horse I'll stop myself. Point taken and hopefully point made.

This is all Larry's fault. :eek:hmy:

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
Tom your 4 NOS Suwa dials in that photo are worth a lot !

But not $3,000 = 4 x $750-ish per 6309 using John's price guide !

We must have been posting milly seconds apart.

I would never consider the crystals to be worth $750 or anywhere near that but I can say I wouldn't even consider paying $750 for a pristine 6309 either.

The Poor O'l Boys are getting priced right out of this hobby! I remember my first 6309: $85, sure it had a aftermarket dial, but still? Replacement "used dial" at the time +$35

21 - 26 of 26 Posts