The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know that the the 6309s have been long discontinued. often times i've seen NOS hand sets as well as bezel inserts among the many parts i've tried to find, but i've never seen a service dial for sale. were there no dials that seiko had available to fit onto a watch that they may have serviced to go along with all the NOS hand sets that i've seen floating around after the end of the run? these dials would have strong or better than normal lume strength than originally fitted 6309 dials of course.

just wondering aloud.....

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
7,613 Posts
I've had two packaged NOS dials, one not so NOS but still great. One HK dial and the other Suwa iirc. Both didn't have much lume energy left, but the HK 6309 I wear and the later MT dial I had (and hope to buy back soon) have still quite bright lume (dies very quick tho). Possibly the packaged ones, or at least one, were used on a watch and maybe swapped out. Or just were earlier examples and so behaved as you might expect.

I'm sceptical the NOS handsets are not just 7S26 handsets that have had the same part numbers as original 6309 handsets for whatever reason. All glow like an SKX. None of them are "flat" but more rounded, where some 6309s have a more 7548 type look to the hands. I've never seen a set of hands for the 6309 or 6306 in packets like say a 6105 seconds hand would be in...and surely they would have been similarly packed? Not like the more modern looking blister packs they come in.

Rotating rings I've had a few and they match up as you would expect and have the packaging to go with it. Except there was a re-release of the 6309 rotating ring in a white packet and it had more of a 7002 type of machining to the outside, but it fit the 6309 and had the same part number.

·
Registered
994 Posts
I have noticed that on eBay there are only after-market dials from the Philippines or used dials, most of which are non-beveled. You can probably find a correct used dial, if you search for several days. Good luck.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
941 Posts
You can probably find a correct used dial, if you search for several days.
I've been at it for several months now looking for a decent used dial..and all I've been getting, resembles very little of what it use to be. I think I need to expand my search parameters.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
NOS 6309-7040 Dial In Seiko Case

Hi about 12 years ago I was able to source this dial from Pete K in AU a Seiko parts Rep for many years in Half of AU also a Great watchmaker.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
OEM 6309-704x hands

These are as far as I can tell OEM hands They were always with a Full set Flat Min hand and Proper Full bodied sec hands Unlike the NOS 6309 dials I have were the Lime is Bright but Dies quickly as Guy described These hands have a Lume that lasts but not that long. Very Nice I was just talking to JB about a NOS 6309 Sec hand he sent me LONG time ago She is still in her little box SAVED:)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Some Used 6309 Dials

I have been saving these dials for a while, really have not needed any yet, luckily the 6309 collection I have all are with good dials/and hands But I have OEM Cases, & NOS Mvts So I have held on to them Thinking they would be needed to Finish the 6309s. Im not sure I can source the Rest of the Parts ? so they stay for now.

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,814 Posts
i know that the the 6309s have been long discontinued. often times i've seen NOS hand sets as well as bezel inserts among the many parts i've tried to find, but i've never seen a service dial for sale. were there no dials that seiko had available to fit onto a watch that they may have serviced to go along with all the NOS hand sets that i've seen floating around after the end of the run? these dials would have strong or better than normal lume strength than originally fitted 6309 dials of course.

just wondering aloud.....

<* shark >>><
As far as I know OEM bezel inserts where never sold only complete bezels ?

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Larry,
As you probably know, I've been collecting Seiko parts for over 10 years. Ever since a Wise "old" WIS mentioned "It's all about Spares"....:)
I search for parts on a daily basis. I will have to say I haven't seen many nos 6309-704x dials come up for sale. They are few and far between but they can be found.

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,814 Posts
Larry,
As you probably know, I've been collecting Seiko parts for over 10 years. Ever since a Wise "old" WIS mentioned "It's all about Spares"....:)
I search for parts on a daily basis. I will have to say I haven't seen many nos 6309-704x dials come up for sale. They are few and far between but they can be found.
Very nice Tom, I bet a NOS OEM dial is worth almost as much as a complete watch :)

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Very nice Tom, I bet a NOS OEM dial is worth almost as much as a complete watch :)

I don't know John, but you could be right. These are all Suwu dials which seem to be more sought after. Since prices have been soaring on Seiko dive watches here lately, my though was to restore some modded 6309's I have on hand.

·
Registered
3,624 Posts

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hi about 12 years ago I was able to source this dial from Pete K in AU a Seiko parts Rep for many years in Half of AU also a Great watchmaker.
that's the sort of dial i am referring to. i'll just have to look harder i guess!

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Larry,
you're killin' me tom...LOL. =\

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
3,624 Posts

·
Registered
3,624 Posts
Not sure that statement holds up mathematically.

I guess that would boil down to who wants it, how bad they want it, and if it was for a special watch with sentimental value..............:)

1 - 20 of 26 Posts