The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've failed! I've searched the 'net high and low and I can't find the serial number of Bill Pogue's Pogue, I don't suppose someone could point me in the right direction?

·
Banned
5,181 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, can't believe I didn't find it! Mine isn't a million miles away then at 179097? I wonder how many they made each month and if each model number had its own sequence, or if sequences were on a factory by factory basis?

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Hippo said:
Thanks guys, can't believe I didn't find it! Mine isn't a million miles away then at 179097? I wonder how many they made each month and if each model number had its own sequence, or if sequences were on a factory by factory basis?

No, not a million miles away. But for some reason, I don't see that many 6139-6005's from September '71 around. July, yes, but not September. Here's the closest one I've seen to Pogue's - I am not saying this is the closest known - it's just the closest I've seen. I'm sure there are much closer September '71 serial numbers to his than this. I just haven't seen them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wow! Coolio! Very close the The Pogue! Have we ever done a serial number check list so to speak?
#

·
Registered
3,549 Posts
Spencer said:
No, not a million miles away. But for some reason, I don't see that many 6139-6005's from September '71 around. July, yes, but not September. Here's the closest one I've seen to Pogue's - I am not saying this is the closest known - it's just the closest I've seen. I'm sure there are much closer September '71 serial numbers to his than this. I just haven't seen them.

[/quote]

I have a blue dial 6139-6005 that's serial # 193288. I don't have a close up of the case back but I just doubled checked the number.......

[IMG]

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
SeikoPsycho2 said:
I have a blue dial 6139-6005 that's serial # 193288. I don't have a close up of the case back but I just doubled checked the number.......

[/quote]

Good stuff! Getting closer :bravo_2:

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
SeikoPsycho2 said:

Wow, 70 units away from each other, that's nuts!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts