The Watch Site banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
912 Posts
So I've picked up a 6138-0020 to bring back to life, but I'm having a fight from the off! The spring bars holding the bracelet on are so gummed up that they just won't move with a spring bar tool (I've tried various sized ones). I've then had them sat submerged in penetrating fluid for the past 5 hours but still haven't managed to even begin moving them.
Does anybody have and tricks to help remove them?
Oooohhh... You're collection's going up!

I've tried and failed many times with spring bar tools...often find that a nice little screw driver (you'll probably damage the driver so not your best one) is much more effective, and often, gently does it. But I'm sure you've tried that and everything else now!

If you managed to bag one with the original bracelet then very well done. If it does not save yourself some bother and cut those bars in two. (Edit. As Longbike said already!)

And let's see what you caught:)

· Registered
912 Posts
Ah man you got the right bracelet too....that's going to be lovely.

I think this was a recent lot, Sunday?, that me and another buddy messed up bidding on....each thinking the other was going to bid!

So glad you got it, a good Tokei is high up on the list for me (to keep not to sell!).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.