The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone on here uses these regularly?

I use Renata because they're available in almost all sizes and I know I can trust them not to leak. But the new Swatch Group parts policy has left a nasty taste in my mouth and I'm happy to stop using their cells if there's a good alternative. It's not much of a protest, I know, but every little bit helps :)

I have used Maxell in the past with no problems, but their range seems to be limited now in some of the less popular (read - only fit one or two a year) sizes. I've also removed plenty of Seizaikens over the years and can't remember seeing one leaking, although only the brands that do it regularly (Varta, Rayovac, Vinnic etc) really stick in your head.

Cousins are now stocking Seizaiken and the prices are tempting - low enough that I could probably hold off on my long-threatened price increase to customers if I switch. They also seem to do most, if not all, of the unusual ones that I like to keep in stock just to surprise people who've "tried everywhere" :D

My one reservation is that I have no personal experience of using them and I don't want to switch, then find that they're a liability. Reputation matters far more than a few pence per battery, or my sense of injustice at Swatch! It doesn't seem likely that they'll be a problem seeing as they come out of the Seiko dynasty and come as standard in Hattori movements, but any first-hand experience with them would be appreciated.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for that - it also highlights another advantage of them, of course. They use the SR codings, which are soooo much easier to work with when you have missing cells and have to go by measurements :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts