The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, new to the forum and have been looking for info on a Seikosha Naval watch I recently came to own. It's in rough shape and looks to be missing a couple parts. Just wondering if anyone knew a model number for these watches and a place that would be able to repair them. I have been striking out left and right.
Thanks in advance for any help!

·
Craftsman
1,490 Posts
Awesome watch. Looks like it is missing the ratchet wheel and an intermediate winding gear that allows the watch to hand wind. It would be cool if you could source these necessary parts to get this piece up and running again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Many times with a Seiko watch, while the watch may be rare, the mechignism is not. With any luck, a less valuable doner watch with the missing carts can be found so you can get this restored.

Yahoo Japan is where I'd look.
Sounds good I will check there!

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Fantastic Link 7s26b Should help Mucho in any attempts for OP to find assistance. Russell

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
Thanks Russell 😊

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you 7s26b for all that info. Went through it all and now at least I know the model number of it but still no dice on who can repair it unfortunately. Anyone know someone who works on these?

·
Registered
5,022 Posts
You might have noticed we're an international forum - so telling us if it's Lincolnshire or Massachusetts would help!😀

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
You might have noticed we're an international forum - so telling us if it's Lincolnshire or Massachusetts would help!😀
I live in Massachusetts in the US but willing to mail the watch anywhere if there was someone who would be able to do the work.

·
Craftsman
1,490 Posts
The movement architecture is not that complicated. The issue really becomes finding parts and a competent watchmaker who can do a conservative restoration on the watch movement, dial, hands, case, etc. A lot to be done here and sourcing all the parts would be a challenge. Until the watch is disassembled and cleaned, who knows what you will find in terms of broken, worn, or rusted parts and bridges. I restore vintage Seikos but nothing of this era or magnitude of deterioration. I might suggest you contact GuyJ or Simon over in the UK, Tom Robinson - SeikoPsycho2 or Eric with Clock Savant here in the US.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts