The Watch Site banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks

It's been a while since I dropped in for a chat!

I have this very old Seikosha Precision that I can find very little information on. Would love it if anyone can shed some light on it. It has a WWII military look to it. No idea if the band is original but that buckle shape is very reminiscent of the modern Seiko diver buckle.

Cheers

Dan

Watch Brown Analog watch Clock Watch accessory

Automotive lighting Sunglasses Material property Jewellery Electric blue

Watch Natural material Clock Watch accessory Material property

Metal Fashion accessory Natural material Nickel Steel

Nickel Rectangle Gas Artifact Wood

·
Special Member
1,535 Posts
All of the military Seikosha watches I have seen in person or in reference books had Japanese characters inscribed on the backs. I agree about the buckle both in pattern and more importantly the patina of the chrome being identical to the condition of the chrome case. Very nice "as found" watch, regardless of any military provenance, congratulations!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All of the military Seikosha watches I have seen in person or in reference books had Japanese characters inscribed on the backs. I agree about the buckle both in pattern and more importantly the patina of the chrome being identical to the condition of the chrome case. Very nice "as found" watch, regardless of any military provenance, congratulations!
Yes the lack of Japanese text is interesting, I wonder if it was non military issue. Great point regarding the buckle patina, it definitely matches the case.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts