The Watch Site banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new to this site, but I've been hunting for a Saiko 5 SARZ029 for about 6 months now (Yes, I know they're tricky to find!) and I was trying to think about what makes me love it so much.
I've come to love the functionality of a slide rule, but the open heart of the watch is a great feature you don't often see paired with one. The classic Seiko hands are the final feature that make it something I'd love to wear.

I was wondering if there were any other Seiko models (not just 5's) with slide rules. I've seen a couple, which I'll kick the list off with below, but I'd love to see some of the other ways Seiko introduced such a great feature to the best priced watches you can buy ;)

Seiko SSA001, SSA003, SSA005, SSA007
Seiko SND253, SND255
Seiko SNA411, SNA413
Seiko SRP347, SRP349, SRP351, SRP353, SRP355
Seiko SSC275, SSC277, SSC279
Seiko 6138-7000

Currently my favourite out of these is probably the SND255. The SRP range were a close second but that font is a little offputting.

Nice to meet you all!

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
I've always loved the technical look of a pilot's watch with a sliderule or calculator bezel. I was extremely lucky to acquire the 6138-7000. In my opinion Seiko's finest sliderule watch.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've always loved the technical look of a pilot's watch with a sliderule or calculator bezel. I was extremely lucky to acquire the 6138-7000. In my opinion Seiko's finest sliderule watch.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
That's a gorgeous watch! I like the roman numerals for the day wheel, that's an awesome addition. I'm not overly keen on the extra dials but they're very subtly done on that piece :)

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts

One that you didn't mention is the 7017-6050 Rally Meter, the “Eyeless Rally”. I wrote a review about it:

https://www.thewatchsite.com/15-vin...3753-7017-6050-rally-meter-eyeless-rally.html

While most other slide rule chronographs have an array of multiple scales for calculating everything from fuel consumption, air speed and distance, sine, cosine and tangent, to how much to tip the waiter; the slide rule function of the 7017-6050 has only one rotating scale and its ONLY function is to calculate the speed and distance traveled in an automobile.

·
Special Member
1,294 Posts
I have two 7t32-6n10
Blue dial and black dial
Also a few 7t34 wingman models
A 5y23-6150

None of which I know how to use the calculator bezels

·
Special Member
3,071 Posts

One that you didn't mention is the 7017-6050 Rally Meter, the “Eyeless Rally”. I wrote a review about it:

https://www.thewatchsite.com/15-vin...3753-7017-6050-rally-meter-eyeless-rally.html

While most other slide rule chronographs have an array of multiple scales for calculating everything from fuel consumption, air speed and distance, sine, cosine and tangent, to how much to tip the waiter; the slide rule function of the 7017-6050 has only one rotating scale and its ONLY function is to calculate the speed and distance traveled in an automobile.

Fantastic info! But now I need a 6050 too! Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
3,071 Posts
That's a gorgeous watch! I like the roman numerals for the day wheel, that's an awesome addition. I'm not overly keen on the extra dials but they're very subtly done on that piece :)

Oh yes, gorgeous!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts