The Watch Site banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This started off when Mr L. had a look at a friends Vintage Rolex Explorer and wondered if it would be possible to create a Seiko based homage.

I offered to have ago and Dani sent me a 66-8050 to use as the basis, a nice appropriate vintage hand winder . We both had a look around for a suitable dial and we decided that one of Harold's Seamaster 300 jobs along with some Mercedes Benz hands would be a good compromise to recreate the general look.

After a bit of scrubbing, grinding and squirting of oil I had Dani's Seikolex together and liked it so much I decided to do something similar for myself as I do like to wear smallish dress watch on occasion.

I used a 6602 and it came out like this

They are both nice with similar dimensions

I was happy with my SeikOmega but found myself tempted by something just a smidgen larger. Having done several 7626 customs in the past I had a 8060 in mind as these have great lugs. Steve had a 7625-8060 case among the spares I am holding for him and kindly let me have it for this project:93: It cleaned up well and I fitted a new crystal.

The 7625 movement was assembled from a couple of spare movements Mr L gave me a while back, then the dial glued on and the thing assembled.

I am wearing this today, very comfy, easy to read and accurate too. What else do you need? I have a shark mesh bracelet coming for it, I thought it my enhance the Seamaster theme, we will see.

·
Administrator
33,756 Posts
Really nice Mike, you could of told me it was an original and i would of believed you :)

Simple with a classy vintage look.:clap::clap:

I shall be waiting for the postman now :67::grin:

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Here's the Seikolex on the wrist. To say that I am chuffed with this would be the understatement of the year.

Thanks Mike !:rock::bowing:

·
Registered
436 Posts
Great work Mike. Really nice.
I've been working on a similar project but not there yet. ;)

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
excellent work...great idea too

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
makes me want to try my hands at one of these...they are amazing

1 - 13 of 13 Posts